cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic campaigns vs trigger based campaigns

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

In a standard delivery there is only one trigger based campaign defined: "Reacting on Abandoned Shopping Carts". Is it possible to define other triggers?

If we would want to send emails on customer birthdays, should we use periodic or trigger based campaigns?

Thanks,

Maris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maris,

trigger based campaigns start when a specific event (interaction) occurs. In the customizing you can  basically define any interaction type as a trigger for campaign.

For the birthday mailing use case I would go with a periodic campaign (once a day) that has a dynamic target group with all birthday members of today assigned. Trigger based campaigns are more for use cases when you want to react from external systems in (near) real time, e.g. Shopping Cart abandoned, Website registration, etc.

Regards,

Frederik

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Frederik,

can you please remind, where in customizing are you assigning interactions as triggers for campaigns?

In application help I find only following explanation:

Settings for Trigger-Based Sending - SAP hybris Marketing Worksets and Applications - SAP Library

Regards,

Maris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maris,

you can find the customizing activity here:

SAP Hybris Marketing -> Campaigns -> Campaign -> Activate Campagin Triggers

I think this customizing activity came with the 1511 release. So with 1508 you will not have it.

Best Regards,

Frederik

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange, we have CUAN 120, aka 1511 release, but I still don't have this configuration option. Are you sure it's not 1602 release?

Maris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double checked it: You are right, seems like with 1511 you don't have this customizing already.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207603
Contributor
0 Kudos

the feature you're looking for is delivered with 1602. There you'll get potentially all interaction  types as triggers for campaigns.