cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual planned order creation issue in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have a scenario where we introduced an operation say 0002 and called it a Wait Operation in Master Recipe. We have  setup and produce activities. We are using PDS. We defined a wait time of 5 days for the wait operation. The reason for doing this is the business wants a 5 day wait period at RDCs before the start of  setup and produce activities after the packaging material is received from the plant. The issue we are facing now is during the manual creation of planned orders. The system respects the 5 day wait period and shows the start date as 02/11/2016 and end date as 02/16/2016 for operation 0002 ( wait op). However, for the setup activity the start dates shows as 02/11/2016 and end date as 02/11/2016. The expected start date for the setup activity is 02/16/2016 because that's when the wait op ended. The produce activity also shows the same start and end dates/times as of the setup activity. The system behaves as expected when I run the product heuristics to generate planned orders but the above situation occurs only during manual creation. Please advice if I missed anything during this configuration? I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi MIK APO,

Please, check the activity relationships in the PDS, to see whether the relations defined in the Master Recipe have been integrated as expected.

Additionally, in the Strategy Profile used for order creation, make sure that, in tab Strategy Parameters f. Dependent Objects, Order-Int. Relationships are set to "Always Consider" and also that flag "Consider Maximum Intervals" is set.

Regards,
Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! changing the parameters in strategy profile resolved the issue.

Answers (0)