cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting Java Only CBMA - Alert Rule handling Communication Channel only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a customer project we have an one to many interface providing messages to ~30 messages.

Regarding alerting we want to separate between comprehensive errors e.g. sender channel or mapping issues and system specific erros, mainly regarding receiver communication channel errors.

We tried to achieve this by defining separate alert rules.

for the receiving systems we want the alert rule should only deal with the object receiver communication channel.

As it is not possible to directly select a communication channel during definition of an alert rule, we thought select a specific configuration scenario which only contains the wanted receiver communication channel.

Unfortunately the business system is per default also attached when adding the communication channel to the configuration scenario.

This results that all messages of this business system are in scope of this alert rule. As there are more interfaces we do not want to mix regarding alerts this solution does not meet our requirements.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve the wanted separation regarding alerts (only receiver communication channel failures handled by specific alert rule)

thanks in advance

best regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I'm not entirely sure of your requirement, but if you want only the receiver side errors to be notified then please try the following.

Assign Business System/ Component to the Alert and select only Channel in Extended tab. Refer screenshot.

Hope this helps. Again I could not conclude what exactly you need.

Thanks

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys

adding receiver component will open up the scope for all interfaces of this component which does not meet the requirement.

@Raghuraman

adding the ICO and deselect all options except of channel will not help for my understanding as all receiver errors will be handled by this alert rule and we want to achieve that only the errors of one receiver will be handled.

@Papireddy

I tried this already but unfortunately it is not possible to only add the channel to the CS, per default the component will also added and this results that all interfaces of this component are in the scope of the alert rule.

Best regards

Jochen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

I guess you don;t have any other option apart from this.

The only way you can do is create a seperate ICO for that particular receiver and try

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

If you have separate receiver service interface for each receiver then you can add inbound service interface to the alert rule.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

unfortunately I do not have different service interfaces, all systems using the same service interfaces.

best regards

Jochen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Why don;t you add the particular ICO object in the alert?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more clue,

Select the ICO and in the extended option select only the required channel errors capture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman

thanks for your answers.

this reason for not adding the ICO is that this an one to many interface - 1 sender system sends message up to > 25 receiver systems.

Our goal is to have a separation regarding alerts, so that the alert rule mentioned in the alert mail determines which specific receiver system is affected.

By adding the ICO all systems are in scope of this alert rule.

hope the requirement is clear.

any ideas how to achieve this?

best regards

Jochen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Then try the second clue which I suggested.

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can add your receiver communication component to your alert rule

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh he is looking for communcation channel not componet.

Thats Why I suggested to change the alert category.

former_member398373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

You can add your configuration scenario to alert rule.in CS you should added you receiver components.

Regards

Papireddy.