Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to EXT server in Web Dispatcher

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a typical requirement, so here it goes

I have web dispatcher and an EXT server, when I give www.abcd.com it should redirect to EXT server. The JAVA application severs configured to the web dispatcher are working fine but when trying the redirect to the EXTERNAL server (EXT) isn’t working.

Can someone guide me how to achieve the requirement?

Thanks in advance,

Kaushik G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

There are key pieces missing from your description...

When you say "external server (EXT)", are you referring to the EXTSRV argument of the wdisp/sustem_X parameter?

When you say "redirect" I believe you actually mean that the user would access this EXT site through the Web Dispatcher. Is this correct?

Or you really want the Web Dispatcher to perform a redirect, replying to the user's browser telling it to access the EXT site directly (e.g., not through the Web Dispatcher)?

And www.abcd.com is an address that poitns to what? The Web Dispatcher server?

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Thanks for the timely response.

Yes the EXT I am refereeing to is EXTSRV argument; yes the user would access the EXT site through the web dispatcher and www.abcd.com is an address that points to the web dispatcher server.

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

If www.abcd.com will be used exclusively when the users want to access the EXT site, you could use the SRCSRV or SRCVHOST arguments of the wdisp/system_X parameter as the selection criteria.

Chekc out:

Web Dispatcher for Multiple Systems - Understanding and Examples - Application Server Infrastructure...

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

I couldn't get you , I am attaching the profile of the DISPATCHER.Could you kindly guide me on configuring it.

I did as you mentioned and am getting the following error.

P.S the external server doesn't have any sap components in it.It contains only the application that needs to be read when ever the main server is down.

Kindly let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Which was the port you used to connect to the Web Dispatcher?

There are three ports being opened, but the Web Dispatcher will forward the request to the external system only if you reach the Web Dispatcher through the ports 80 or 443.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Port 80 is the one we are using.

regards,

Kaushik.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Then I do not see why the Web Dispatcher would raise that 500 error.

If possible, increase the Web Dispatcher trace level to 2, simulate the issue using HTTP, decrease its trace level back to 1 and attach the "dev_webdisp" trace to this thread, along with the profile that was in use during the test (just to ensure we have the correct profile).

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias, As requested I am sending you the trace along with the correct profile. Kindly let me know if you require any information further. Regards, Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

The Web Dispatcher trace that was provided shows it sending a request to the backend system "PWQ".

However, the PWQ system definition is commented at the profile that was attached,

Thus, for sure that was not the profile used while the trace was captured.

In addition, there is no "500" error being returned by the Web Dispatcher (or the issue was not simulated using HTTP).

Without the correct profile used during the issue simulation, and without the trace capturing the issue, we would not be able to assist you.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias, Please find the updated profile along with the trace.

Hope this helps. Thanks and Regards Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

I see 5 requests being reveiced by the Web Dispatcher, while it was running with trace level 2.

All these requests were related to the Web Dispatcher Administration page.

It seems that the issue was not simulated while this trace was being collected.

In case it was, there must be something "in front" of the Web Dispatcher that is returning the 500 error instead of forwarding the request to the Web Dispatcher.

If this is the case, involving the support team for such system / equipment would be the next step.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Apologies I haven't mentioned you the back end system is not an sap system , but contains the file that needs to be accessed.

P.S : The backend system contains the data that needs to be accessed. I tried again to reproduce the issue and captured the log.

P.S.S: Am sending you the trace along with the profile as an attachment.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Change the parameter

wdisp/system_0 = SID=EXT, EXTSRV=http://sappea000.*******.com:80

To

wdisp/system_0 = SID=EXT, EXTSRV=http://sappea000.*******.com:80, SRCURL=/

Then, restart the Web Dispatcher. I believe this will fix the issue.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

I tried configuring in the link which you mentioned above link

Configuring the Web Dispatcher for Multiple Systems - Clarifications and Examples - Application Serv...

it it got solved.. Thanks a TONN!!

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You're welcome!

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

There is one more thing, When I try to configure the same it seems we are getting a port conflict. Our requirement is

The dispatcher has to forward the request for the application server JAVA and external server (NON SAP SYSTEM IIS)

please find the profile as an attachment.

Kindly let us know weather dispatcher can forward the request to the application sever and the  external system sententiously ,so that we can make the changes accordingly.

We have port 80 and 443 open in dispatcher.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

The Web Dispatcher is capable of handling multiple backend systems.

Depending on your scenario, it does not need more ports to do this.

Please go through the WIKI page I have already sent...

Configuring the Web Dispatcher for Multiple Systems - Clarifications and Examples - Application Serv...

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Isaias Freitas wrote:

Hello Kaushik,

The Web Dispatcher is capable of handling multiple backend systems.

Depending on your scenario, it does not need more ports to do this.

Please go through the WIKI page I have already sent...

Regards,

Isaías

Hi Isaias,

Based on the document you provided we have configured the dispatcher profile (please find the new profile attached in the previous comment )

We are able to fetch the content from the java system but when we try to access the external system we are getting the below error.

Kindly let us know if you require any further information.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik G

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

What was the URL tou have accessed?

http://hostname:port/???

The important information is the port number used and also the URI path ("/sap/bc/...", "/promo/...").

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias, When we try to use both the URLs , the content is being fetched only from one URL and for the another one an error page is being thrown. Regards, Kaushik.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Which URLs?

We need to know the specific URL and the error that occurred when accessing it, so we can compare the URLs to what you have configured in the Web Dispatcher, to see to which system it should have been forwarded, or to identify any potential issues in the Web Dispatcher settings.

Regards,

Isaías

Answers (0)