cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote update the data in client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon.

A client I have a development system with productive data for testing. These are outdated and need to be updated. Tell me how to remotely update the data only in the test client from productive? I know that can be copied remotely through SCC9, but how to copy the profile to update only user data? And it is possible to determine in advance whether this will be enough disk space to copy?

SAP ECC 6.0 Ehp2 on HP-UX, Oracle 10.2.0.5.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan,

Best way you can do client export and import method. SCC9 is remote client copy and it may give error sometime network error if its failed.  Please find the details about the data which you can use as per your requirement. To determine the space you can run test copy mode to get the report for space required.

Copy profileMeaningUser dataCustomizingApplication data
SAP_USERUsers, user roles, and authorization profiles are copied. The client is not reset.YesNoNo
SAP_CUSTClient-dependent Customizing, including authorization profiles, are copied. The application data is deleted and the user data is retained.NoYesNo (deleted)
SAP_UCUSCorresponds to SAP_CUST with user master data.YesYesNo (deleted)
SAP_ALLAll data belonging to a client, with the exceptions of change documents and local data, is copied.YesYesYes
SAP_APPL (as of SAP Web AS 6.10)Corresponds to SAP_ALL without user master data.NoYesYes

The below links have the steps to follow, this will help you.

Step by Step guide for client export import - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Thanks & Regards,

Brindavan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brindavan!

Thanks for the info. Client I'm going to copy to the report showed that it needs almost 1TB. A client that I want to update to the report(RSSPACECHECK) 540GB. Total, if I understand correctly, that in order for me to export the client need to 1TB of disk space? Simply remove A client that I want to update and re-import? Then it turns out that after its removal, I will deliver 540GB (respectively, after the reorganization of the database) and I need to be at least 1TB places that import A client?

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan,

make it simple procedure: for example If production client 200 has been utilized 540 GB after the test mode observation.  and your going to copy the client production to exiting client means which have utilized by only 300 GB then you need extra frees pace needed 240 GB. if the quality client have 700 GB free-space , then you can go-head client copy and once the client copy done then you can do the re-organization of database. During the client copy in exiting client first client will delete all the table level entries and then will import the new one.  if your going to delete the client and do the import it will take much time rather than doing remote client copy or client export and import method. Remote client copy if faster than export and import method. you have to check with network bandwidth and speed.

For you quires : yes.. you need 1TB space which means extra 460 GB from the current one.

Thanks & Regards,

Brindavan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I have understood, I will perform a remote client copy.

Answers (0)