cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Appropriation Request

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

We are having a scenario wherein the user uses a Web Based Capex Form which creates an AR in SAP. So the user has created an AR1 with 4000 Dollar Plan in it. Assigned the AR to the Investment Program Position and then rolled up the Planned Value. Then Budgeted the program in IM32 copying the Plan value. But then AR1 for 4000 Dollar was not sent for Approval. So it sits back in system. Say now they need to Spend 2000 Dollar for which they create another Appropriation Request AR2 with Plan Value 2000 Dollar and which is sent for Approval. Once AR2 is approved Client creates a measure or a project with Plan values 2000 Dollar transferred to the project. Now since the 2000 Dollar spent was a part of the original 4000 Dollar AR1. They manually go back to AR1 and change the Plan value to 2000 Dollar. Is their any way to tie the new AR2 to the old AR1. As at present they do not check in system whether an old AR already exist in system for the same investment type. All I can think of is to monitor before creating AR2 in IMR6 if a similar AR exist for the same criteria (like Investment program ID) Is their any other way for system to check this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

1. Consider the business process perspective to centralize the AR maintenance in one hands and have controls outside of the system.

2. Consider the AR naming conventions to reflect the project, so the system can stop you if same naming is already in use.

3. Consider another field(s) to be checked and a user exit to alert maybe with a warning message if same id or same combination is already in use.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo, They are assigning AR to Program Positions in the Control Tab. As I said they have an interface (an online CAPEX form) which populates the fields  in the AR. I have thought of point 3 as you mentioned and may be system does an automatic check in background to call up report IMR6 to check whether an AR already exists in CRTD state and give a warning or an error message. So that they do not proceed with a new AR. If they are not using similar Position ID (which ideally they should as it is for the same kind of CAPEX request) we may have to think of some other field like the "Description of AR" or any User Field. Lets see I have proposed this to the client. I will let you know when they come back. Thanks for your suggestion.