Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ESS Standard WDA roles and Launch pad customization

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently implemented ESS/MSS portal and we are at NW 7.4 using WDA roles, trying to launch services on portal.

Before explaining my issue here, would like to mention I am a functional consultant and quite new to portal stuffs but since I am carrying this activity on my own, I need your assistance to get it through.

In order to launch WDA services, we have activated relevant business functions and have uploaded PFCG ESS and MSS roles to portal.

To access the ESS services, I followed below process:

I had initially assigned Z copy of  standard SAP ESS roles for WDA "pcd:portal_content/Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_ESS_WDA_3"(PFCG role uploaded to Portal) - This was showing me different look and feel of ESS but I was able to launch my all ESS services successfully. But when I was changing anything launch pad - Role:ESS Instance: Menu, nothing was reflecting over ESS portal and hence I raised this thread on SCN.

I have made record time invisible but still it is not getting hidden from ESS portal.

Then

Later I assigned Employee standard ESS role "pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.Employee_Self_Service_WDA" (Role got from Portal content under admin)

I could see my launchpad changes are reflecting on ESS portal and now I can hide the services I do not want.

But now I am struggling with services which are not getting open - nothing I can do . Some linking node is missing I think.

So main Challenge is to understand the link of ESS/MSS roles and related launchpad.

If I have uploaded PFCG roles and same role is assigned to user,why standard launch pad is not working for it.

If I am using standard ESS role from portal content, launchpad changes are reflecting but none of the services are getting.

Seeking Expert's input on this,

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

As stated by you: "But the roles that you have uploaded for WDA based EHP7 , to check whether it points to LPD_CUST, you can figure that out from the application name present in iview in role" Can you please give more details.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to implement ESS/MSS functionalities in EHP5/EHP6 or EHP 7?

I had faced similar issue while configuring UI5 based landing pages but that time the issue was due to improper system alias maintained and incorrect values maintained while creating system alias.

Re check the values maintained in ITA and web AS of system alias created (Refer screen shot in point number 8 of blog ) .

Once these were done , the links opened.

Probably the role which you had assigned first wasn't pointing to R/3 client in which the changes were done. Hence the changes weren't reflected.

For configuring EHP7 functionalities, do steps as per blog given below.

To configure EHP 5/EHP6 ESS MSS functionalities, you can deploy ESS, MSS business packages in portal. You would be able to find ESS role under roles folder present in path given below after deploying business packages:

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.bp_folder

Similarly for MSS , refer portal role present in folder with pcd path,

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/line_manager/com.sap.pct.addon.mss.PACKAGEMSS

Then in these roles, copy roles and change system alias. Either dynamic system resolution approach or create different portal roles and maintain system alias pointing to that R/3 client .

Do le me know if this helps.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks - We are EHP7 and using WDA applications but have not activated UI5 business functions as we are not going for it as of now.

So do you think that what error I am getting for 'Document view' is not basically a browser compatibility issue but because of roles assignment issue.

and In some of the application like Employee Profile, SAP_HCM_PROXY alias is used in LPD_CUST. To make these applications work, create a system object with properties - so then again we need to have two sets of system alias for two clients?

Kindly suggest

Regards

Shipra

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, it was a demo environment in which I had configured the EHP7 functionalities.

I had created 2 alias pointing to R/3 client. One as SAP_ESS_<CLNT> and SAP_HCM_PROXY

The values of connector section was same in both alias but values specified in ITS Path and ICM URL prefix was different. You can ask your basis consultant to check and enter values. For your reference, the values of SAP_HCM_Proxy alias is specified in blog.

I think , if it was browser compatibility issue , It wouldn't have worked in case 1 as well.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Navya - even I had that doubt but error log was quite convincing that its browser document mode issue.,

Thanks again for clearing my doubt.

Many thanks.,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

So in my case , I need to create two system objects with for alisa SAP_HCM_Proxy like SAP_HCM_Proxy_100 and SAP_HCM_Proxy_200.

Am I correct ?

Please correct

Thanks

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. For client 100, SAP_ESS_100 and SAP_HCM_Proxy_100.

The difference in values would be in ITS and Web AS section.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I did not get your reference point "The difference in values would be in ITS and Web AS section."

I have created these system alias in system object

System name SAP_ECC is for client 100 and SAP_200 is system name for client 200

System alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources is for client 100 and SAP_ECC_HumanResources_200 is for client 200.

Properties of SAP_HCM_PROXY_200 is as below - kindly confirm if any change required so that I can check with my Basis team to do that.

Thanks a ton for your all support.

Regards

Shipra

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Earlier I used to get document error in NWA logs after opening any application as I have posted my error in this thread - but now I am not getting any error but non of the application are getting open for ESS.

To give a recap of what all I did is :

* Activated WDA business functions.

* Activated all services.

* Uploaded PFGC ESS WDA roles from backend to Portal.

* Created two folders 100 and 200 - and copied Employee self service webdynpro roles from content provided by SAP --> end user and pasted this role under folder 100.

* Assigned same above roles to user of 100.

* Under Iview of ESS, overview -> right click --> properties --> kept the standard system alias which I am using for client 100.

* In LPD _Cust, I made some services hidden by dragging it to inactive application and same changes are reflecting on portal - so I can make it out that my ESS roles are linked to LPD _cust roles because changes done in lpd are reflecting there.

* if I am leaving my two clients issue aside - alteast I should be getting my application run for one client 100 only as of now but non of the applications are getting launched.

Please can you assist with this - where exactly I am missing something which needs to be done.

Many thanks.

Regards

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not use roles provided in content provided from SAP, Instead use the roles that you have uploaded since you are trying to configure EHP 7 functionalities.

Only if you are using EHP6 functionalities , you can use the role present in folder content provided by SAP(roles founnd by deploying ESS MSS business packages).

This is what you are doing wrong.

Steps should be:

Activate WDA business functions.

* Activated all services.

* Created folder 100

* Upload PFGC ESS WDA roles from backend to Portal in these folders.

Check from help.sap the exact backend role for EHP 7 that is to be uploaded.

* Under Iview of ESS, overview -> right click --> properties --> Put system alias which you are using for client 100.

* Assigned same above roles to user of 100.

* In LPD _Cust, make changes as per requirement.

The back end role to be used for EHP 7 is

First do this for client 100 and check.

Once this works, we wil check for 200 client.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

That's the problem I have here - If I am using PFCG roles which I have uploaded i.e pcd:portal_content/CLIENT100/Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_ESS_WDA_3 - I am getting below view on portal and biggest problem is that whatever changes I do in launchpad does not get reflected over portal and I understand this is not correct view of portal for EHP 7

Then I assigned role from content provided by SAP - copied it for client 100 and then I get below view of portal and my launchpad changes are getting reflected there - Like I dragged my services into inactive application like time statement and record working time. So I found it relevant one.

Also please have a look at roles which I assigned to user id for test purpose.

Please suggest the right approach.

many thanks.,

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly which feature of EHP7 are you keen on using? What is the HR renewal package that you are trying to configure? Is the R/3 role that you uploaded, uploaded successfully?

In PFCG tcode, are you able to see role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1? You can try uploading this role and follow steps mentioned in below link.

Role Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_ESS_WDA_3  is for EHP6 i think...Check out these links:

Employee Self-Service Composite Role - Employee Self-Service (WDA) - SAP Library

Release Note for the BP for Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1.50 - Business Package for Employee Self-Se...

Additionally, Go through blog from Siddharth Rajora and try to understand the exact end functionality that you intend to configure. On the basis of that, the role would be required.

The features of EHP7 is given in SAP market place. If you plan to use WDA functionalities, then check out which functionalities are you looking for.

Once you decide that, then accordingly portal roles can be configured.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000762949&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I am quite afraid now.

Well I followed Siddharth only to before going for implementing roles and I landed up here.,

We tried to configure HR renewal 2.0 - and yes I would like to mention that we are not going for UI5 as of now, we are focusing on WDA as of now so please can you suggest that even if we are not using UI5, do we need to activate business functions for UI5 and Ui5 roles to be uploaded ?

Also, most importantly, please can you confirm which ESS screen view is correct as per EHP7 WDA.

I have pasted both the screens in above post.

It's nightmare for me if we are going totally in wrong direction..

Please guide me - and if you find it okay, please can you share me your contact details in my SCN inbox as I am following you so that I can please explain you my issue..

Many thanks.

Regards

Shipra

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you plz let me know which WDA application of HR renewal 2.0 are you trying to configure. Main feature of EHP 7 is the UI5 based landing pages. If you aren't using UI5 functionalities then no need to upload UI5 roles but then i am not sure if its really worth it to go for WDA based functionalities in EHP7. Probably can throw some light on this.

You can check this blog for Hr renewal 2.0...Most of these are in UI5.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000210562014E

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am completely clueless now -

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would suggest that you first figure out the functionalities that you want to configure on portal.

Once you zero down those, you would be able to find the correct role (backend and portal). FYI, once you upload composite role for UI5, you can access both UI5 and WDA based applications.

So if you don't want landing pages look and feel, you can set the worksets, pages and roles in visible status. Set visibility of overview iview to hidden. (Overview iview opens the UI5 based landing page). This will give you portal links that can be accessed on detailed navigation panel.

Not sure if this meets you requirement.

Screenshot attached for your reference.

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more blog that i could find relevant in your case.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Navya for going an extra mile to help me out with my situation.

We are just looking forward to have ESS functionality of leave application, personal information and payment that too salary slip - that's it.

For MSS, we need work overview (UWL) , My team page and self service on behalf of functionality (optional).

Further, would like to know what more complex stuffs I need to do in order to having UI5 landing page - I am just worried because I am simply a functional consultant and trying to implement portal.

Do we need to activate business functions for UI5 and then need to upload UI5 PFCG roles to portal.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, For ui5, you need to activate business functions for UI5.

The functionalities that you want is present in EHP6 as well. To configure ehp6 based MSS application, do below steps.

1) Copy portal role from pcd path pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/line_manager/com.sap.pct.addon.mss.PACKAGEMSS i.e. Add-on for manager self service package.

2) Paste it in folder 100.

3) Open the role and for each and every iview put system alias pointing to R/3 client 100.Do not change alias of OBN portal object.

4) Assign this portal role to end user in r/3 client 100. To assign this role to end user you can go to User admin role and assign the portal role. Ensure that backend portal role is assigned in R/3 client 100(Required for authorization)

5)Change alias in LPD_CUST for MSS menu.

6)Login using this end user id and click on link.

Now let me know the end result.

The standard EHP6 MSS role should look like this.

Reagrds,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I have exactly followed the same way you have mentioned except assigning the portal role to user in backend R/3.

And I had refereed "Step by Step guide for Upgrading ESS or MSS in WDA this link before starting up my configs.

I am wondering if I am already at EHP7, Ideally I should go with EHP7 functionality for WDA as suggested by Siddharth that I can use WDA if I don't want to go for UI5 being at EHP7 - thread I raised for same query is

So now I need your suggestion based on my EHP7, what shall I do further to make my services work on portal.

I am sorry, I may be bothering u so much but genuinely I am stuck up with like anything.

Also, as of my ESS Screen looks like this - is this not the EHP 7 Screen look and feel, please clear this doubt as well.

Regards

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Siddharth has already told you the WDA role in EHP7 that needs to be uploaded.

Follow below blog, this is for EHP7 with WDA

Upload SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 role to portal. Assign this to user. Ensure that the role upload is successful.

When you upload back-end role to portal , make sure the role is uploaded successfully in portal.

Refer below mentioned notes in case of issues faced:

2011251 - Role Upload shows successful status but role is not created

1685257 - Upload of SAP delivered NWBC Roles to SAP Netweaver Portal

This is the WDA based EHP7 role since you do not wish to configure UI5 functionalities as of now.

Ensure that one you upload role in portal, proper system alias is maintained.

e.g., role upload done from client 100, should have system alias pointing to client 100. Do this. I am sure you won't face any issues unless alias isn't maintained properly.

If you want EHP7 look and feel, You will have to upload UI5 based roles

With WDA, this is the look and feel you would get.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks - I wish I could say that I am able to get the WDA functionality error free

I have followed the link you have provided at the initial phase of implementation

To be very precise - I have below queries (keeping concept of mapping two clients at the moment - atleast first standard functionality should work)).

# Once done with activating WDA business functions(obviously WDA relevant ones) and PFCG roles from backend to portal (WDA PFCG roles ends with WDA_3).Now what roles need to be assigned to user ? PFCG roles which we have uploaded to portal ? if yes I am getting a screen with overview  page yes, No Launchpad customization reflects in ESS menu if I am trying to hide some services. -Do we need to assign any role to user in backend as well apart from standard ESS end user role.

#Second thing, after uploading WDA roles, if I am assigning portal roles provided by SAP, I am getting screen which I have shared with you in above post, screen with three tabs of map, directory and index - and If I am changing anything in Launchpad in backend, all are reflecting on portal but if I am clicking on any services like leave request, nothing is getting open - so here again, am I missing something like I need to assign role to user in backend.?

What I have understood so far, that atleast we are okay till uploading PFCG roles, thereafter we are doing something which is getting messed up..

So now, Hope I am clear where exactly I am stuck up -

Many thanks,

Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya and Portal Experts,

I have figured out something which I thought worth sharing here to get your invaluable inputs here.

As I am stuck up launching services on ESS portal - WDA application, I tried testing it from backend as well.

If I do test of webdynpro application in SE80 --> package -> PAoc_ESS_central_services --> webdynpro--> FPM application config -->  HRESS_AC_MENU, I am able to do sucessful testing.Leave request and other services are getting launched.

However, If I go to SICF and I try to test serviceHRESS_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl, it called internet browser but nothing gets open. - Is that a matter of concern ? ideally service should be launched on browser if it is activated but not happening with my case.

Can that be a reason for my issue wherein I am stuck up at enterprose portal to launch my webdynpro services.

Please provide your expert inputs,

Many thanks,

Regards

Shipra

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra,

1) In portal 100 folder, upload role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_SR_NWBC_3. This role upload should be successful or else you wont be able to see the proper navigation structure for roles. Check the notes that i had shared earlier to ensure role upload is successfull. Standard roles in ESS and MSS | SCN

Check the logs in sysem admin. System admin -> Transport-> Role Upload-> Here role upload should be successful

2) This portal role that you have uploaded assign to user via user admin role in portal.

3) Assign SAP_MANAGER_MSS_SR_NWBC_3 composite role in back-end to that user using SU01.

You need to assign role in portal and in back-end as well!

Do this and share screenshots, will guide you accordingly.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks for the revert - I would share your ESS and MSS roles and confirm if these are correct - I hope it is.

Below are the PFCG roles which we uploaded to portal by making it Z. - Kindly confirm if we are okay till this - so that later I will share more screens.,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And, I have assigned backend role as below:

Once you please both above screens and if we are correct so far, I will share what roles we have assigned on portal to the user under user admin and I will share your my concerns on the same.

Hope this way would help me to get your inputs for each and every step..

Many thanks for all support Navya.

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could see above that we have uploaded Z_SAP_MANAGER_MSS_SR_NWBC_3 which is not composite role - we are not able to find composite role for MSS hence we had uploaded single role only. same single role is assigned to user in backend.

Role upload view from System admin - kindly confirm if we are okay till here    

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to upload all single role in portal. Upload only z copy of composite role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 i.e. ZSAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3. Do let me know what all customizations have you done in z rolee for SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3?

Post role upload, what is the warning message displayed in log?  By default when you upload standard role i n to portal, you will find error in error logs for missing system alias such as SAP_EREC_TalentManagement  , SAP_ECC_Financials .. Either these system alias should be created or in PFCG tcode when you create custom copy of  SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3  replace this alias with alias pointing to back end client.  

Only for ZSAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 composite role uploaded in portal, share the screen-shot after you open the portal role. Wanted to check the menu that you are able to see post role upload in portal (workset and pages view).

Upload the composite role and not the single role. IN PFCG when you open the role, in target system you will find alias such as SAP_EREC_TalentManagement  and SAP_ECC_Financials. When you create custom copy of composite role, ensure that these aliases are replaced with custom alias pointing to your back-end.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navya,

Sorry - Correcting myself now - Yes we do have composite roles  SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 and long back when we tried copying it and uploaded it on portal it was throwing same error what you have mentioned.

Today also, I tried uploading it and got same error -

Please can you advice, where exactly we need to change the system alias.

Well, this is for MSS issue and if we go with PFCG roles then need to fix this issue as well.

Thanks a ton for all support.

Regards

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Navya - I would like to correct myself here - We had already uploaded MSS composite role and we can successfully launch all the services with PFCG roles of MSS.

Look of MSS screen is as below:

So again my concern remains the same - As I have stated above that, whatever change I do in launchpad in backend that does not reflect on portal either for MSS or ESS though I can control the visibility from portal end as well.

And if I assign standard portal roles to user, my all launchpad changes appears over portal.

Many thanks for you all support.

Regards

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Navya,

Please correct if my understanding is wrong - So far I have learnt from your inputs and other blogs that EHP7 onwards, we are uploading PFGC roles and assigning the same role to user on portal and backend as well.

until EHP 7, we used to assign standard portal roles provided by SAP to User on portal.

Is that right ?

Now, first foremost thing I want to know please, How Launchpad customization is linked to PFCG roles - Are it actually linked or not. After doing numerous testing, I could see No Launchpad customization reflects if PFCG role is assigned to user.

So please, let me know when Launchpad is linked with role ? once we have using UI5 only ?

I am seeking for clear conceptual understanding.

I am extremely sorry , I might be sounding so irritating .. unfortunately I am lacking portal concepts and that too when it's comes to Launchpad and PFCG roles.

Looking forward for your assistance.

Many thanks,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Your expert inputs are awaited.

Many thanks,

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You need to fix those errors by creating alias pointing to backend client or in PFCG open the role, create a z copy of role and replace value in target system with custom alias created for your R/3 environment.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks we did that - created aliases and now my ESS and MSS is up - I assigned PFCG roles to user as you advised.

My biggest concern and unanswered query is " HOW Does PFCG roles are linked to LPD_CUST Roles" ? are they actually linked ?

When does launch pad roles come in picture, only when we use UI5 application ?

Please advice.

Regards

Shipra

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra,

Launchpad comes into picture for both WDA based and UI5 based functionalities.

For ESS functionality to work, in the role that you uploaded, open the overview page ->overview iview. In that maintain system alias pointing to your R/3 client. This points to LPD_CUST.To make ESS functionalities work you need to do 2 things.

1) All the iviews (other than OBN based iviews )present in ESS role that you have uploaded,should have property -> system  as your custom alias created.

2) Login to R/3 client which has client data . Eg: client 100.In LPD_CUST tcode, open ESS role and instance Menu. Open the tree menu . For each and every application, replace system alias with alias pointing to R/3 client (e.g. 100).

Now assign the portal role that you have uploaded from backend to end user via user admin role in portal.

Assign backednd role to end user via SU01 so that end user has authorization to execute it.

Doing this, your ESS role should work without any issue.

First do this, then  will guide you for MSS role.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks - Sorry but it created a confusion in my mind now.

You meant by '' Portal role that you uploaded from backend ' as PFGC roles only, right ?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate on "portal roles uploaded as PPFCG roles"?

The zcopy of ESS standard role that you created in R/3 using PFCG role. That zrole should be uploaded in portal.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup, thanks Navya

These below R/3 roles I have uploaded on portal and assigned Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_WDA_3 to user on portal via user admin.

Confirm if that's correct so far.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create z copy of role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_3 i.e. composite role. In the screenshot attached by you, I can not see any composite role for ESS. For EHP7 based WDA apps, you need to use SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_3 composite role. TRy uploading zcopy of this as per steps I specified previously,Assign only this (only one) portal role to end user. Then check.

After you upload the role successfully, attach the screenshot of role(should contains iviews , pages).

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great - finally It's been figured out what is missing - I will quickly do that and will share you the screen.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navya,

One thing , that composite roles include so many single roles for many countries - shall I directly copy composite role?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can go for selective copy related to the country that you are trying to implement.

Regards,

Navya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I Just selected 2 roles from composite role as below and tried uploading Z copy of composite role SAP_Employee_ESS_WDA_3 but not able to upload it.

however I am getting below error - I do have system alias for SAP_EREC_talent management still...

Kindly assist.

Many thanks.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though we do have system aliases for SAP_EREC_Talentmanagement.

We have system alias for talent is in small letter, should it be exactly same the way name is in Error - all Caps?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes. Name should be exactly same and should point to your R/3 client. Additionally, open the z copy of custom role that you created in PFCG.

As highlighted in attached screen-shot, for each and every menu link, wherever you find standard SAP rfc destination , change it to your custom RFC destination. Then do role upload. This will work

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I am trying to do role upload and it keep on getting error for one and other alias and I did created those alias like for talent management, SRM - is that right approach to create all alias for which I get error while uploading role ?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can replace the target system value with RFC destination pointing to your backend client as replied in my last post. I have uploaded these roles and was able to do it successfully. Did you open the pfcg role and check the system values as I had replied in last post as per the screenshot attached? 

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

did you mean this way? When I copied roles in backend, Target system name is blank so I entered our target system name - is that okay?

In Backed, I changed the value to my system alias

Is this way I need to carry out for all the applications/service for ESS roles ?

Kindly advice.

Regards

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Please be informed, I have uploaded ESS composite role successfully on portal as u could see the screenshot attached in last post - system alias is maintained on portal for the Z ESS role for all i views.

Assigned that role to user in backend and on portal as well.

Backed SU01 role.

Please confirm if so far all seems okay?

Many thanks.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Now assign this composite role that you have uploaded in portal to user via user admin role. This user should be present in R/3 client, so that proper data will be visible. Attach screen shot of the role assigned to user via User Admin Role.

Regards,

Navya.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned those roles to user - look at the screen of role and ESS/MSS page.

And ESS Page looks like this

MSS

Kindly advice

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra

I hope you are keeping well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Regarding the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

• mplemented ESS/MSS portal NW 7.4 using WDA roles. In order to launch WDA services, you have activated relevant business functions and have uploaded PFCG ESS and MSS roles to portal.
  • You assigned Z copy of  standard SAP ESS roles for WDA "pcd:portal_content/Z_SAP_EMPLOYEE_XX_ESS_WDA_3"(PFCG role uploaded to Portal)
  • This was showing me different look and feel of ESS but you were able to launch my all ESS services successfully.
  • But when you changed anything launch pad - Role:ESS Instance: Menu, nothing was reflecting over ESS
  • No error on Portal but the logs show errors.

Ok firstly lets take a look at the error snippet you posted and break it down together:

• Error getting document mode from iView [EXCEPTION] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Child not found: null at  [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Child not found: null at ] at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.filteredLookup(PcdPersContext.java:714) at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.deepFilteredLookup(PcdPersContext.java:618) at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdFilterContext.filterLookup(PcdFilterContext.java:488) at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.recursiveLookup(PcdProxyContext.java:2086)

Now this is quite a common issue in true essence. You mentioned reviewing notes previously and also blog postings and this is indeed the right approach to adopt and follow:

We see the exception references the PCD and you do not see the "browser document mode".

• Do you see an option to update the PCD Objects?

• In the versions mentioned below the iView called ‘Browser Document Mode’ was introduced. This iView adds an X-UA-Compatible HTTP header into the portal and affects both the IE Browser Mode and the Document Mode.

• SAP NetWeaver 7.00 SP28+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SP13+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.02 SP12+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.11 SP11+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.20 SP08+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.30 SP08+
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.31 SP05+

The iView is located under Content Administration -> Portal Content -> Portal Content -> Content Provided by SAP ->Admin Interfaces -> Admin iView Templates -> Browser Document Mode. Here you can change the default value of the iView.

Regarding the notes you provided they are all a great source of reference here. There is a blog posting below outlined that you should review firstly and cross-reference very carefully (if you have not already) this will ensure that the core prameters for your browser are setup and maintained correctly.

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...

&&

SAP Note: 2016845 - Using EP with IE - Quirks or Standards as Browser Document Mode.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regard & Talk Soon

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks alot for your all inputs.

I have gone through all SAP notes and tried to make settings in content administration but the strange thing is that I can not see Browser document mode - Please can you assist me with this.

Regards

Shipra

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further,

I am at IE 8 and IE gets open with compatibility view in Quirks mode.

I am quite worried, if everything is in place, why I am still getting the document mode error.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further,

Hi Troy,

As you said, do we need to update PCD objects ? How can we do that please - are you refering to PAR files ? I am not sure.

Please assist.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra

Many thanks for the response and update and absolutely no problem at all my pleasure .

Ok for NW 7.4 you should be able to locate the "Browser document mode" without any issues.

Now in the browser itself can you follow these steps

1. Open IE browser.
  2. Press F12 (or 'Tools' -> 'Developer Tools').
  3. At the top right corner you will be able to set the Browser Mode and Document Mode.

If you don't realized the changes based upon your above screenshot try refreshing the browser cache.

Did you review the IE8 section in the blog posting we discussed?

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...

Kind Regard & Talk Soon

Follow Troy Cronin

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your response.

I had referred these links and As I mentioned earlier as well that my IE gets open with compatibity view with document mode as Quirks only and this is in line with all thread and SAP note which explains the solution of my error.

I have refreshed browser many a times followed by Cache clearing.

Unfortunately I am not able to figure out what else to be done which is missing as of now.

Yes, Troy - could you please suggest how I can restore iView 'Browser document mode' if I can not find it in content administration.

Seeking assistance,

Many thanks,

Shipra

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra

Absolutely no problem at all, my pleasure to help out.

• Ok so now as you mentioned IE opens up (compatibity view) and the document mode is Quirks.

For a moment lets revert back to the scenario from a high level perspective

• You are using the Portal NW 7.4 Version
  • You are using ESS/MSS

So they are two rendering perspectives to look at here

• The elements of the Portal (TLN/DTN/Masthead/Roles etc)
  • The elements of the application (displayed in Content Area) responsible UR.

Which such a setup discrepancies may become apparent in properties even with a diligent approach. Now as per our discussion we are dealing with two aspects here (1) Portal and (2) Application.

Sticking with IE8 as this is the primary browser of interest in this matter in previous cases issues did arise here particulary with browser support issues.

Please implement note 1543744 and 1543743 with all the prerequisite notes. Please kindly get back to me if the problem still happen after you implement the notes.

The above notes are relevant to the applications perspective.

Now just to review our earlier discussion and the issue surrounding this "error getting document mode from iView" I believe this is indeed down to a discrepancy in the configuration.

SAP Note: 1674501 - Browser: Internet Explorer Compatibility View and Document Modes - FAQ

Let me elaborate on what I mean by "discrepancy". Lets say for example the current server side browser mode setting is EmulateIE7. This sets the IE Browser Mode to IE7 Compatibility View and the IE Document Mode to Quirks. It might be different from what you see in client side browser mode setting.

cument-mode-how-to-set-the-ie-compatibility-view-from-server-side

Lastly just to recap on the iView. Continued analysis found that the "Browser Document Mode" iView in some cases was not setting the compatibility mode, and there is no way to force it on the

browser (only the document mode). It needs to be set in client browser directly. We will update SAP note 1458799 accordingly.

Kind Regard & Talk Soon

Follow Troy Cronin

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Though I am not getting any error on portal, I could see system logs as below:

Please can you assist me with - I referred some blogs and it asks for compatibility setting and something else for IE. I tried doing it but somewhere I am missing something.

Error getting document mode from iView
[EXCEPTION]
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Child not found: null at  [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Child not found: null at ]
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.filteredLookup(PcdPersContext.java:714)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.deepFilteredLookup(PcdPersContext.java:618)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdFilterContext.filterLookup(PcdFilterContext.java:488)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.recursiveLookup(PcdProxyContext.java:2086)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.proxyLookupLink(PcdProxyContext.java:2189)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.proxyLookup(PcdProxyContext.java:2125)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.lookup(PcdProxyContext.java:1843)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdGlContext.lookup(PcdGlContext.java:120)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.lookup(PcdProxyContext.java:1824)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdProxyContext.lookup(PcdProxyContext.java:1810)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.util.LafFrameworkPageHandler.getBrowserDocumentMode(LafFrameworkPageHandler.java:296)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.util.LafFrameworkPageHandler.isStandardsMode(LafFrameworkPageHandler.java:74)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.StyleSheetBrowserMapping.getCssFileName(StyleSheetBrowserMapping.java:108)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.AbstractLAFService.getCssFileName(AbstractLAFService.java:136)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.LAFService.includeThemePartInResponse(LAFService.java:408)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.laf.LAFServiceDelegate.includeThemePartInResponse(LAFServiceDelegate.java:201)
at com.sapportals.portal.ume.component.logon.SAPMLogonComponent.doContent(SAPMLogonComponent.java:36)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:213)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:129)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.RequestDispatcherFactory$PortalComponentRequestDispatcher$5.service(RequestDispatcherFactory.java:308)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.impl.module.IRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(IRequestDispatcherImpl.java:292)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.RequestDispatcherFactory$PortalComponentRequestDispatcher.service(RequestDispatcherFactory.java:298)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:229)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:107)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:141)
at com.sap.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:206)
at com.sap.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:590)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:233)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:107)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:141)
at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:520)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection._handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:224)
at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:101)
at com.sap.portal.prt.dispatcher.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:132)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:202)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:103)
at com.sap.portal.prt.dispatcher.CustomHeaderFilter.doFilter(CustomHeaderFilter.java:58)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:79)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.doWork(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:340)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:499)
at com.sap.portal.navigation.Gateway.service(Gateway.java:161)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:202)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:103)
at com.sap.portal.http.EnrichNavRequestFilter.doFilter(EnrichNavRequestFilter.java:49)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:79)
at com.sap.portal.prt.dispatcher.CustomHeaderFilter.doFilter(CustomHeaderFilter.java:58)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:441)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:210)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:441)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:430)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.filters.DSRWebContainerFilter.process(DSRWebContainerFilter.java:38)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.AbstractChain.process(AbstractChain.java:78)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.filters.ServletSelector.process(ServletSelector.java:81)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.AbstractChain.process(AbstractChain.java:78)
at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.filters.ApplicationSelector.process(ApplicationSelector.java:278)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.WebContainerInvoker.process(WebContainerInvoker.java:81)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.HostFilter.process(HostFilter.java:9)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.ResponseLogWriter.process(ResponseLogWriter.java:60)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.HostFilter.process(HostFilter.java:9)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.DefineHostFilter.process(DefineHostFilter.java:27)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.ServerFilter.process(ServerFilter.java:12)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.MonitoringFilter.process(MonitoringFilter.java:29)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.chain.ServerFilter.process(ServerFilter.java:12)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.SessionSizeFilter.process(SessionSizeFilter.java:26)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.MemoryStatisticFilter.process(MemoryStatisticFilter.java:57)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.filters.DSRHttpFilter.process(DSRHttpFilter.java:43)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.chainedRequest(Processor.java:475)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor$FCAProcessorThread.process(Processor.java:269)
at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.rcm.RequestProcessorThread.run(RequestProcessorThread.java:56)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Child not found: null at
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.XfsContext.getChildAtomicName(XfsContext.java:562)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.XfsContext.lookupAtomicName(XfsContext.java:305)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.BasicContext.lookup(BasicContext.java:1313)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.lookup(PcdPersContext.java:970)
at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdPersContext.filteredLookup(PcdPersContext.java:706)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I referred S notes 2123361, 2215654,2249934 and 1458799 - I could understand that if we are recommended Support pack, by default IEE browser should open with browser mode IE8 compatibility view and document mode is Quirks - and is that's the case, my IE has got both the things in place.

Now I am not sure why I am getting error for document mode - One thing wired I found in content admin on portal, I don't find browser document mode - please can you anyone put some inputs here.