Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enqueue server not visible

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

There is a strange situation where in I cant see the enqueue server listed in SM51 but the same is up and running. Any suggestions.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

where you see the enqueue server is up and running? What you are checking to verify this?

Regards,
Alwina

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alwina,

I dont understand what are you trying to ask. I said I wanted to see the enqueue server listed in SM51 for a particular SAP system.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

you wrote:

"I cant see the enqueue server listed in SM51 but the same is up and running"

What do you mean here? Where you are checking the up and running enqueue server? There are only 2 possibilities for the enqueue server - either this is the enqueue WP on the CI, or this is a standalone enqueue server. If you do not see it in SM51, and you were not aware of the ASCS instance, then what you have checked as the enqueue server?

Regards, Alwina

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As Feng Shi mentioned, you can use transaction AL11, folder DIR_PROFILE, to check the defined profiles on the system. There should be one
called <SID>_ASCS<nr>_<hostname>, where <nr> is the instance number.

You can also check where the Enqueue Server is running with transaction SM12, menu Extras > Diagnosis. It will show:
  Lock management operation mode
  Lock management in a standalone server
  HOST: <hostname>

INST: <nr>
This will point to the instance wher the ASCS is running.

Regards,
Raquel

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alwina,

One thing is clear this one here is a enqueue server in Prod system and no specific server for Development system where it is just a work process. Now I have two questions.

1. If it is a specific server like ASCS then cant i see the enqueue work process(s) there because here the whole server is acting like a big work process because it is production.

2. Can I call ASCS as a enqueue server as well as Central service instance.

I know my questions are silly but still please clarify above.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In older release of SAP system we could see ENQ in SM51 because then enqueue was treated as a work process but after that SAP changed it to a service i.e. the reason we cannot see it in SM51.

SAP has separated it, so OS level we will have ASCS/SCS where message server and enqueue resides and DVE**** folder where all other work process are.

Now every CI is like a dialog instance as Message server and enqueue are isolated from it and treated as a separate entity.

The reason we call ASCS and SCS are central services because both the message server and enqueue servers are now services.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

You can also use sapcontrol web method to get a better picture of the system. The command goes by:

sapcontrol -nr $$ -function GetSystemInstanceList

$$ stands for the instance number

The response will be something like this:

hostname, instanceNr, httpPort, httpsPort, startPriority, features, dispstatus

<host_A>, 0, 50013, 50014, 3, ABAP|GATEWAY|ICMAN|IGS, GREEN

<host_B>, 1, 50113, 50114, 1, MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE, GREEN

Here you can clearly see that the message server and the enqueue server are running alone at some host and therefore this system has an ASCS instance.

You will only see a reference of "ENQ" listed in SM51 when you have enqueue work processes running at what is called a classic CI.

Cheers,

Ian Segóbio

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using ASCS instance, you will not see enqueue server listed in SM51.

you can check system profile(AL11 t-code, /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile DIR) name to see if you are using ASCS instance.

Best regards,

Shi Feng

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

What is the version of your SAP System?

If your ASCS instance  is installed separetly , then it will not show the ENQ process in SM51.

The reason for so is that parameter rdisp/wp_no_enq value is 0 by default in your PAS&AAS instance profiles

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If your ASCS instance  is installed separetly , then it will not show the ENQ process in SM51.

The reason for so is that parameter rdisp/wp_no_enq value is 0 by default in your PAS&AAS instance profiles

And it must be kept that way!

If you have an ASCS, the enqueue is already there, and the enqueue must be unique at the SAP system. Thus, no instance can have rdisp/wp_no_enq set!

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

Enqueue server is present on a different host for a SAP system. But how does it mean that it should not display in the list of server(SM51). I dont understand this concept. By the way the problem was with the dispatcher which had to be restarted and then it was visible in SM51. Also if I am not wrong can we ever login into a enqueue host? I dont think so.

Regards.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek ,

Can you paste the screenshot of sm51 and the value of rdisp/wp_no_enq of your system.

With regards

Ashutosh chaturvedi

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Attached

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

In SM51 , it is showing the another dialog instance which is running now.It is not a enqueue server.

If it is a enqueue server , then you will find the enqueue process listed with the ICM,UPD,DIA.

if you maintain, the parameter rdisp/wp_no_enq = 1 in your instances , you will able to see the enqueue process along with the other process.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

If on a instance enqueue work process is running with all work processes then that becomes a CI but if on a instance only enqueue work process is running then that becomes a SCS. Can you validate this line if a profile is name like SID_ASCS00_sidsap-en then this should contain enqueue work process? I tried to check this profile to see the enqueue work process but it throwed me error "Cannot access shared memory". Please explain.

Regards.