cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number scheme in GTS

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where user wants to change a particular number scheme for commodity codes which is currently in use. While doing so below message is received:

Numbering scheme SOVA cannot be changed (see long text)

Message no. /SAPSLL/CORE_LLNS105

Diagnosis

Entries in the LLNS number maintenance have already been assigned to the
number scheme. This means that the structure of the number scheme can no longer
be changed, since this could lead to inconsistencies.

System Response

The ability to make entries in the corresponding fields is deactivated so
that values can no longer be changed.

Procedure

To change the structure of a number scheme to make it initial so that no
numbers can be assigned. To do so, initialize the number scheme (Transaction
/SAPSLL/LLNS_INI01).

Please let me know how to do so.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

When trying to use the mentioned t code, t code does not open because the program for the code does not have any logic written /sapsll/sllns_initialization.

Do you have any idea what has to be done here?

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpi

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

What has to be done here is the creation of an OSS Incident, pointing out that the Transaction doesn't work.

Have fun!

Dave

0 Kudos

Ok Dave.

Thanks a lot. Let me create an OSS note.

Regards,

Shilpi

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I have one query here. The number scheme is currently in use. If the structure of the number scheme is changed then how and where all will it impact.

Do I need to download all the existing commodity codes then change their structure and reload it or system will automatically adjust to new change.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Shilpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

Was there any reason why user wants to change the numbering scheme structure which is already in use ?

You can use standard numbering scheme transferring functionality if you want to retire the existing numbering scheme and start using the new numbering scheme. However, one of the pre-requisite will be old and new numbering schemes must be compatible.

please use the same sequence of steps and ensure you change the numbering scheme assignment to the legal reg once you complete the transfer process. Thanks.

Regards

Raj

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

I have never tried it (obviously, since the program doesn't work, as you pointed out!), but I imagine that you will basically have to start again with classification.

If you have already classified Products, you would be best to make sure that they are re-transferred to the feeder system before trying to adjust the Numbering Scheme.  Then afterwards, you can use the standard program to transfer the classification to GTS - that will save a lot of time.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave/Shilpi,

I did use this standard program when I had to move over my classifications (approximately 1.9 million)

from country dependent to country independent numbering schemes.

This functionality was delivered from GTS 10.0 onwards and had to apply several notes to fix the performance then.

However, the best part of using this feature is it will support all your audit data without any issues.  Thanks.

Regards

Raj

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

In the long text there, you have both the explanation and the procedure.  What else is missing for you?

Regards,

Dave