Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material components in SAP PS

srinivasa_rakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have got confused with two things while assigning a material to a NWA.

Confusion between 1) Procurement type and 2) Indiv./Collect Indicator in Proc. Param tab.

When I gave Indiv./Collect Indicator as 2 in MRP4 tab of material master it is taking as reservation for Network and when it is either space of 1 it is taking reservation for WBS.

When it is for WBS then Value Flow/Quantity Flow screen all the fields are updated. (Acct Assign Cat as Q, Special Stock as Q, Valuation as M etc..)

When it is for Network No fields are updated.

When I run MD51 it is creating planned orders when Indiv/Collec is space or 1 and is not generating when it is space.

Questions

1) Is Procurement type and Indiv/Collect Indicator interrelated ? (I am feeling Yes - Need confirmation)

2) Is there any config ar any logic for the values in Value Flow/Quantity Flow screen ? (Acct Assign Cat as Q, Special Stock as Q, Valuation as M etc)

a) How is it coming for Reservation for WBS ?

b) Can we get the same for Reservation for network by doing any config change ?

3) Can we run MD51 and generate the planned orders from reservations when procurement parameter is Reservation for Network ? If so how?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

This thread will help you.

Regards

Shubham

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other consideration you need to factor in is the setting on the Project Definition for Valuated or Non-Valuated Project Stock.

For the Individual/Collective indicator:

If the setting is for Collective then the material should come from Plant Stock.  Attaching a component will generate a reservation for the network order that is fed to MRP.  Running MRP will collectively match the demands (reservation) from all networks with a supply (Planned Orders, PR's, etc.).  The object created to meet the demand depends on the MRP settings in the material master and the settings selected when running MRP.  The possible combinations of results from MRP vary widely. 

If the setting is for Individual then that material should come from Project Stock.  This is a special segment of inventory that is separated from the other inventory segments.  The Individual segments are independent form one another.

The PS config for Procurement Type and the material master settings definitely interact.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes executing MD51 will convert in planned order later it can be converted in to PR/PO based on your procurement indicator setting in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check your Procurement indicator setting. This Procurement indicator define in network profile.From here it link to project profile.