Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge entries in SNAP table

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

There are huge number of entries found in the table SNAP. We have the REORG jobs which shall be deleting the entries but the same is failing. I tried to run the program under REORG job RSSNAPDL and tried to delete but it throws TIME OUT dump after which I reduce my entries in the table and it works but since there are huge number of entries it is not possible to run the program every time even when the program takes a lot of time to delete the entries. Please suggest some solution.

Job log: REORG

28.01.2016 00:51:25 0 entries deleted from table SNAP

28.01.2016 02:25:46 0 entries deleted from table SNAP

28.01.2016 04:03:48 0 entries deleted from table SNAP

28.01.2016 05:41:47 0 entries deleted from table SNAP

06.02.2016 09:53:04 Job also cancelled due to process termination. See the system log

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

You can delete the entries from SE14 transaction. This is one of the step recommended by SAP.

PS: But if you delete the entries from SE14, then table SNAP will become empty.

You also need to check why reorg program is not deleting the entries before.

Also check the sap note 11838 - Deleting short dumps from the SNAP table

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Apart from steps from SAP Note mentioned by Ashutosh you should also check and maintain values for your table entries e.g. how many records/dumps you want to keep or how old dumps you want to retain.

Same you should maintain in your RSSNAPDL background job variant also.

Thanks,

MPS

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

The same variant is there in other systems where it is working fine.But there since the job is running fine therefore the table entries in SNAP are less. Is it because currently the SNAP table has huge entries the job is not able to run?

Regards.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

ABHISHEK PARITOSH wrote:

I tried to run the program under REORG job RSSNAPDL and tried to delete but it throws TIME OUT dump

Do I understand correctly that a background job terminates with a TIME_OUT dump?

That's strange because batch jobs are meant to run for days or weeks without being affected by TIME_OUT dumps.

Please check how these background jobs are running, because this error is strange.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Laszlo,

I ran it in foreground not in background because anyways it is not running in background. When running in background it forwards to the dump

Installation Errors

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

15.02.2016 01:33:36

Error analysis

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB', was not caught

in

procedure "DELETE_SNAP_ENTRIES" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING

clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

Error Text of the Database: "SQL0911N The current transaction has been rolled

back because of a deadlock or timeout. Reason code "68". SQLSTATE=40001 row=1"

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

(sorry for the late response)

Do you have a DB6 database?

As far as I know this problem may occur due to incorrect database parameters or the log space ran out.

Since this problem apears only during the reorganization of the (huge) table SNAP, it seems the reason is the latter.

Contact your database administrator for details, or submit an SAP Incident if you have a support contract.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek.

1.  Could you share the OS / DB & Sap version details?

2. Are you getting any dumps during the background job cancelled? If your are running in dialog you will get "timeout" dump.

Regards

SS

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Just re organizing the dump in ST22 wont help. Anyhow currently I am doing this but it is deleting entry at a slow place. What could be the best option without dropping the content of the table through SE14 so that the job also works and the entries in the table also get cleared.

Regards.