cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Stock into a new company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a project where I need to migrate stock ( batch managed, Open Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Purchase Requisitions into a new company code, as the old company code in which this data is present, will be closed. The process finalized so far is to copy the existing POs, SOs etc into Excel or some other place, mark them as rejected, and then change the company code, assign the old plant to this new company code and start creating new sales and purchase orders in this new company code created. Now, in order to ensure that the old confirmed quantities and old confirmation dates remain as it is when these orders are created, I am not sure of the steps that should be followed. Read somewhere that this will be done automatically, once the stock is uploaded in back date in system. I dont know MM that much, so request you to please mention the steps in sequence or throw some light on how exactly should this process be done? How to change the Batch managed stock and then how exactly to ensure that Sales and Purchase orders have the old confirmation dates and quantities? Also, the system is APO and AFS based. So request you to also throw some light on what exactly should be done in order to ensure no MRP runs for APO or ECC so that double quantity is not reflected in other integrated systems as well. Thank you for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we have already discussed creating a new plant, however that is not agreed upon and the business wants to continue with the present plant. We do understand its risky, in order to figure out a cleaner way to do the above mentioned thing, if there is any other suggestion, we would be really grateful. And even if we do create a new plant, the issue remains the same, stock changing, stopping MRP in ERP and APO linkage for creating new transactional data since this needs to be a replica of the old data exactly in terms of confirmed quantities and dates too. Right now, we are thinking of changing the MRP types in material masters and stopping MRP, recreating new documents, reverting the MRP changes back in material masters. Please suggest if anyone has a better approach or can help in the above scenario. Thank you again.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create a new plant then why would you need to change the MRP type?

You are still doing business with the old plant until your go-live, and you need to create new material master plant views for your new plant anyway.

MRP run is at plant level. As long you do not schedule a MRP run for the new plant (this is an activity of the cut-over plan for the go-live date after stock load is completed) you wont get any negative effect .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>>and then change the company code, assign the old plant to this new company code <<<<<<<<

Rethink this idea, it will be the ground for a big mess.

You have data in the system, even it is closed it has a relation to a plant and a company.

You may get errors if some is touching these old documents, tries to post a subsequent debit of credit. You may get unsolvable errors when archiving the old data.

The clean method is to create a new plant.

former_member308222
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First step is to generate stock in system, after that you have to go for PO and SO generation because if you configured MRP in your system then system check more then enough available stock so system not to go for new material purchase requirement.

This is my overall summary.

Hope this is helpful to you

Regards,

Rajkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, But we need all overall process steps,considering the stock is at Plant level and since the stock is present in the system as in our case, a new company code is being created and the old plant itself will be assigned to this new company code, exactly what measures have to be taken then for batch managed stock which is MRP relevant in ECC and also has APO set up for some materials. I am new to APO here. Also, more importantly, we are unsure of what should happen next.How do we create new orders using OLD confiration dates and old quantities ( exactly how they were for orders in the earlier company code ) and how do we bypass APO and MRP in ECC so that double requirements do not generate for these new SOs and POs which would be created in this new company code (migration of transactional data into new company code). These are batch managed materials and the system is AFS and APO based. Please suggest the process steps in detail. Thank you in advance for your help.

Right now for the second step, we are thinking of changing all relevant material masters to availability check type ND- Not relevant for MRP, and this way it does confirm schedules on old dates, however I am unsure of the system impacts this approach can have ( by doing such changes, creating new orders and again converting the materials back to their old MRP settings ) Not sure what impacts it has on APO or how it works there as well. Please suggest on this too.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't give steps to mess up your system.  If you did not understand what I told you then take my reply and go to your supervisor. Contact also SAP for an advise before you continue.