cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion needed to handle delay unexpected event in SAP TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a scenario where after the planning done and delivery created in SAP TM, the shipment may be in hold in the warehouse due to some road permit issues. Maybe the road permit come after 1 hour or after 3 days. Then the shipment is handed over to the carrier. But all our EWM processes as well as TM processes are already executed. And they will not stop the process for the road permit. They will hold the shipment in a designated part of the warehouse and the invoice will also be done.

Will the delay event in the FU help us. And after the Road permit arrives can we again replan the FU's?

Please suggest a best process to handle this scenario.

regards

mainak sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mainak,

in general, Vishnu and Gopi are right and you maybe should post this questions in the above mentioned SAP TM communities.

If rough idea could be to send an unexpected event 'WAITING_FOR_ROAD_PERMIT' to the event handler in SAP EM, propagate the event to SAP TM and there either set a block or some custom status. Another unexpected event 'ROAD_PERMIT_GRANTED' could then be sent, when this issue is solved. This could then change the status again in SAP TM and the FUs can be replanned. But this TM-specific questions should be posted in the TM communities.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mainak,

There is also one more very active SAP TM group in Linkedin.  Please post there as well to get answer fast.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wondering where was Gopi;) and thought you were going to miss this thread.

I would say scn is the best for posting and quicker than linkedin TM which is not that active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I agree SAP SCN is best. I don't want to promote other social network here. You may not aware about group called "SAP Transportation Management". You can go and try to post one topic and let me know the feedback how active they are.  Also, check their recent activities you may come to know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mainak,

I guess you need help from TM group . You question looks more TM than EM.

Thanks,

Vishnu