cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing VT11 and VT02N with additional fields ( need tips)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a business requirement to enhance VT11 with a Y field and a standard shipment field and then assign a custom search help for it.

In addition we need to assign / enhance the delivery search option with additional delivery field that is Bill of lading. This field should be visible in the search optio (+ delivery icon) n where i can assign a delivery to a shipment.

In addition we need to add few custom fields on the shipment screen, not necessarily in any tab.

Also if possible we need to add few additional delivery attributes in the shipment stages tab for a shipment leg where we can assign / unassign deliveries to the shipment leg.  We need additional fields such as Bill of lading number / Y fields to be visible in the deliveries when we are processing shipment legs from the stages tab via a delivery button.

We do not want to use access key for this development. Any pointer is reccomended.

Thanks

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu

We do not want to use access key for this development.

As I understand, in a genuine way you can't bypass "Access Key" for any development.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

You mentioned that we can't bypass the Access Key step.  I was not able to comprehend it. What we want is to use BADi/ FM/ Exit to make the development

I am not sure if i did not made that explicit

Thanks

Manu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Should we assume that you don't want to

1. Append standard table for with those custom fields. So, no table-field enhancement.

2. You will not add those custom fields for display So, no screen exit enhancement.

In either of the above case, you would access key to proceed with the enhancements.

Instead, look/recognise some standard fields that can be used for your requirement.

I would recommend you to please discussion with your technical team,

Thanks, JP

CC: ABAP Development

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I just came across this thread and would like to make a comment.

Extending SAP standard table with append structure does not require access key.

I'm not sure about VT02N and VT11, but with the enhancement framework it is very often possible to extend SAP standard transactions without access key.

The program behind VT11 (RV56TRSL) is full of explicit enhancement points so I'm sure it will be possible to extend this transaction without access key.

In this thread: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1596326 you will find some info about enhancing VT02N without access key.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RAF
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in table VTTK (shipment header) you can find some customer reserve fields (data type VTTK_add... and vttk_text1....).

I think you can use them and edit the text/description of the data types in CMOD without any key.

BR

Robert