cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking Strategy M Large/small quantities

palhota
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using strategy M (Large/small quantities)

Small quantities: st.type PCK

Large quantities: st.type BLK

For example, I have an article X where control quantity = 95 units. And a blocked BLK bin with 96 units and an available PCK bin with only 16 units.

Storage search sequence: PCK - BLK

If I have a delivery for article X for 96 units, this strategy should select BLK because 96 is bigger than 95. The problem is when all the BLK bins are empty or blocked it doesn't start over the search sequence creating a TO for 16 units for the PCK storage type

In order to start over the search sequence over again, is there any configuration I might be missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you expect that system will start search again? Its standard behavior, system searches in sequence.

BR

Kamlakar

palhota
Participant
0 Kudos

I honestly didn't expect the sequence to start again, I was just hoping there was a way it did.

In my scenario, there is an STO for a pallet of a certain material, obeying the search sequence, it will try to find in BLK bins. Not finding stock in that storage type, it will leave the 16 units behind not including in the delivery for the STO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There can be one way, you can specify PCK after BLK in search sequence. I never tried putting same storage type twice in sequence, but you can check that.

Secondly for which storage type you specified control quantity?

BR

Kamlakar

palhota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've tried the same storage type twice in the sequence before and it fails in the PCK for the same reason it failed in the first attempt.

Switching also didn't work for the same reason as above.

The control quantity is in the PCK storage type. I should note that Picking Strategy M Large/small quantities is associated only to PCK. BLK has H shelf life expiration date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In strategy 'M' is for PCK, then what you are looking for is not possible.

Based on how often this happens, you may think of changing control quantity or you can develop new strategy

BR

Kamlakar