cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instruments calibration using SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am using the transaction QE51N for the instruments calibration proccess in the lab. My problem is that the equations that are uploaded in the system are wrong and must to be edited. Which transaction let me do that? Also I need to eliminate some inspection characteristics that the transaction request and are not longer used.

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In transaction IA06, you must have assigned inspection characteristics which are getting displayed in calibration inspection lot. You can delete the MIC lines which are no longer in use in same transaction and that will not be displayed in the next inspection lot created.

If any value of MIC is to be changed, you can do that in QS23.

Hope this will help

Thanks

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pawan

I was able to eliminate the MIC lines that were not helpfull and edit the ones needed using the transaction IA06. Now the problem that I find is that some of the equatios for the uncertainty are too long and don't fit in the field

The red oval is the equation field and the line below it is another equation field but I don't understand the relationship between both of them. What do you suggest me to do?

Thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

From the screen shot you sent, it is obvious that "calculated characteristics" have been used in your maintenance task list. The actual formula itself is not readable from the screen shot, but I will give you a simple example of how a calculated characteristics is setup.

During results recording, the value of a calculated characteristic is not manually entered, but it is calculated by the system based on the formula that you have maintained.

If you have two quantitative characteristics say A and B in your the task list for which values will be manually entered during results recording, and if you need the system to calculate the value of a third characteristic using the simple formula  A * B = C , then here is how you set it up: (please note, I call a master inspection characteristic as MIC below)

All the three MICs (characteristics) A, B and C are setup as "quantitative characteristics". In addition, you maintain the check box "calculated char" in the control indicator for the MIC characteristic C. (T-codes to create and change MIC is QS21 and QS23 respectively).

Now, when you maintain the MICs in your task list, ensure the order is maintained correctly; A and B should be maintained before C. Supposing A, B and C are the first three MICs setup in sequence in the task list, then system assigns the MIC numbers 0010 for A and 0020 for B and 0030 for C. While maintaining the characteristic 'C' in the task list, you maintain the formula (in the screen in your email) as A00010 * A00020. The first 2 digits "A0" indicates the formula parameter and tied to a function module in the background (in layman's language, read "A0" as "the value of"). The following 4 digits (0010 and 0020) are the characteristic numbers in the task list. So we just achieved the A * B = C.

You could also maintain a formula parameter without referencing an MIC. For example, if you need to multiply the value of MIC A with 10 in the above example (say, A * 10 = C), then your formula would look like A00010 * 10.

Standard SAP provides a set of formula parameters which are usually sufficient for most scenarios. Additional custom formula parameters may be defined if needed.

Hope this explanation helps in understanding the formulas maintained in your task list.

Good Luck,

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using Equipment Task list use Transaction IA02

For General Task list use Transaction IA06

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Please can you explain us a bit more on what do you mean by 'equations', which you wish to delete? Do you mean you wish to delete old MIC's which you do not us in regular business? Please clarify before we can answer.

Thanks,

Arijit