cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping-Errors: How to find the problem - tipps for analizing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work with SAP-PI 7.5.

The Sender-File is a csv-File (Flat-File with Semikolon), the Receiver should be a HL7-File-Version 2.5 (also Flat-File with Pipes).

SAP-PI works internal allways with XML.

The Mapping-Tests don't make en Error, so the Mapping in XML should be allright.

The CC (CommunicationChannels - Sender/Receiver) are green, so no Problem with them too.

Fact:

The Sender-Test-Flat-File is deleted by SAP-PI and goes directly to the Error-Archive-Folder. The MessageMonitoring don't Show the Message.

Question:

What would you suggest to do? How can I test it and see what's the Problem is (the XML-Tests in SAP-PI is not enough)?

thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i have found an easy way:

1st: Another Configuration with same Channels but ohny with "FileContentConversion" and without Mapping.

2nd: The File arrived at the Receiver has the Conversion to XML by PI

3rd:  Check if the XML has the same structure as used in the XML-Mapping-Test at the EnterpriseBuilder

4th:  Make the corrections and restart again

thx for all answers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Use the XPI Inspector tool to trace the issue. See SAP note 1514898 XPI Inspector for troubleshooting XI. There are different tracing options which can be used, depending on exactly what/where you want to trace. See the attached user guide.

Probably the Example 50 trace would be your best option here. Enter the file channel name and reproduce the issue. This will give you a Debug level trace output.

Regards
Mark

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

You can check

1. processing time-stamp of Sender and Receiver communication channels and processing logs.

2. Message Monitor to see the messages are processed and the process logs.

regards,

Nikhil

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

you mean to say the error files are moving to archive directory?

Try disablling the below option in the sender file channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, why should I, this is at this time the only way to see, that PI had a Problem before arriving to the Receiver...

I am looking for an idea to find out, what PI's Problem with the file-Transfer or mapping-Problem is (XML-Mapping-Test was good, but in the real World, i have a flat-File from Sender and not a XML).

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

From your comments I observe file is archived but no XML generated correct?

Might be the contents of the file are incorrect could be happenning because of this,I mean file picked archived since it is faulty.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Check the communication channel monitor there you can see the details about the error when adapter try to convert from plain text to xml (XML conversion error), normally this will be more number of fields in the file than configured fields in the channel etc.

Regards,

Praveen.