Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make not-password protected - Fiori Launchicons URL

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have configured Fiori Launchpad in our landscape and its working as expected in all devices/browsers.

Step 1: Load the URL /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html

Step 2: Enter the credentials

Step 3: We will see the Fiori Laucnhpad home screen

Step 4: To bookmark Fiori Launchpad URL, When we click on "Add To Home Screen" from  iOS devices, Favorite icon is not displaying correctly Favorite icon is not working in mobile Devices

Step 5: SAP Suggested us to do the below to fix it

"In order to enable the proper icon loading, the following path should be changed to not-password protected, these URI's are present in Fiorilaunchpad.html"

How to achieve this?

/sap/public/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/resources/sap/ushell/themes/base/img/launchicons/

This issue is pending from long time. Can any one provide your inputs?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please let me know if you are aware of this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I always recommend customers to use SAP Fiori Client on mobile device.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa for responding but unfortunately we have more than 150000 customers who are using our Fiori Launchpad. Now we cannot go back and request all of  them to install Fiori client.

Please suggest if there is any other way or how to make below URL non password protected?

/sap/public/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/resources/sap/ushell/themes/base/img/launchicons/

Thanks,

Vijay

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Could you share business use case?

I believe 150000 customers won't type in the launchpad URL on their mobile device.

I guess you have employee portal or consumer portal which has a link to the launchpad.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Correct Masa. Currently we have Portal in our landscape.

We built few custom UI5 applications similar to existing Portal applications and also enabled few Standard Fiori apps which meets our business requirements.

We enables these standard and custom apps in our Fiori Launchpad where our customers can login and perform all the daily activities from Mobile/Tablets  instead portal.

Our employees use this Launchpad URL directly from Mobile/Tablets with Single-Sign on.

Thanks,

Vijay

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In addition to that, SAP informed that fix will be available from version (UI5 1.28.29) but it mentioned this prerequisite of making these URL's non-password protected.

Thanks,

Vijay