cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling RFC Function module using Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to call RFC function module using Web Services in 4.7? If yes what are the steps.

I tried to expose RFC in 4.7 but not with much luck. Need help asap. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

I think its not possible to call RFC function module from a web service.. i have not seen such scenarios. I suggest you to use Remote Enabled RFC as the webs ervice for WAS 640...For earlier version you need to exclusively expose as the web service.

You can refer to following blogs for reference

1./people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

2./people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

3./people/thomas.jung3/blog

Hope this helps

Note: Reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get step-by-step guide for exposing remote enable function module to web services? We are on 4.7 and I tried following thread

/people/sridhar.k2/blog/2006/09/12/creating-and-exposing-bapi-as-web-service-and-using-it-in-web-dynpro

but it says you have create custom web services in 4.7. Any idea what is this custom web services and how to create them…

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

Custom web service means the web services created by user, or user created web service.

Just tell me which WAS version you are using, where is it giving you the error, can you do me a favor, goto your FM in abap, from System(menu item), goto Status, here just let me know the Component Version of you r3.

give me your email id , i will send you the cookbook for step by step approach.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

V..good..

Here the info you requested..

SAP R/3 Enterprise

SAP_BASIS 620

Thanks...

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess for SAP r/3 Enterprise it is bit difficult , but just go through the cookbook

give me your email id

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

msubhedar@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply this message for sending good documentation. Thanks

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

e-mail is sent to you.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also be interested in this documentation.

If you could please send to:

jph@arvatousa.com

Thanks.

JP

0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

I am using SAP R/3 4.7 and want to use web services to call rfc function module.

SAP bases version 6.20. Can you please help? Any documentation. Please email me at jth1015@gmail.com

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Appreciate if  you can please email (beherasanjoy@yahoo.co.in) the document related to creating webservice in SAP Enterprise(4.7). Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these links:

hope it helps

regards