Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sale order without a specific material

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to find but not success and now i need your help, can we fix a specific material for any sale order. i means no body can save a sale order without material "A" but quantity is not issue. when user make a sale order and update different material but can,t save it without Material "A". Material "A" is mandatory for any of sale order.

Regards

M AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Christine, that this is a very strange business practice.

Speaking from customer perspective - I would be very displeased if the company forces me to buy additional articles, that I have no intention of ordering. If I am purchasing a product, which is sold as a kit or if the company is giving away some items for free, then this can make sense (but I might still refuse the bonus items, if I have to pay VAT/delivery costs).

Preventing the order from saving would mean that the company is not willing to provide any opt-out possibility, which could result in decline of customer orders.

What is the purpose of this additional material? Is it some sort of service?

Please elaborate more on the business case.

0 Kudos

Hello,

this sounds like a strange requirement. Please give some more details. Is this a requirement for every sales order or only for certain order types/customers/...?

If it is related to a certain customer and this customer may only order the mandatory material "A" you could use the standard functionality of material listing.

Otherwise it sounds like you have to go for a user exit to implement this check.

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christine,

It is for over all customers as mandatory material, it is not only for certain customers, you can say this is a support material to customer but some time user miss to send the customer. i wants to stop this error as no body can save a sale order with out this "A" material.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this some sort of packaging?

What should be the correct quantity of this material - does it depend on the other materials in the order, if yes - then how? Or is the quantity fixed to a certain value - e.g. 42?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M AK,

What you can do is

Create new material group.

Assign this group to a specific material.

and use USER exit save document to check whether material group is present in the sales order.

This will do..!

Regards,

Nilesh

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

You can try transaction variant SHD0 with incompletion log and assign transaction variant with your order type in VOV8.

Regards,

Shatrughan

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use product proposal process with userexit_save_document for checking the material A