cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP connection problem when Cloud Connector is on cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with the problem I am facing.

I use HCP trial and on premise ABAP AS which is located on AWS cloud. I have SAP HANA Cloud Connector setup and it shows correct HTTPS config to both HCP and my back-end system. All lights are green.

In HCP I created a new destination pointing at the virtual host already set up in the Cloud Connector. In the "Connectivity" section all light are green again.

Unfortunately when I try to check the connection I get an error message "Check Connection Failed".

Trying to see libraries in WebIDE shows the following error:

Something is not right with the connection despite all the green lights. Has anyone come across similar issue and knows how to fix it?

Regards,

Marek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus & Ulrich. It must be the version then as mine is 1.5.x.

Since the new error message started coming up for "Check Connection" the connector itself has been working perfectly. After the good old reboot of my instance that is .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something strange happened today, which looks like a little update to HCP. A small icon to check connection looks a bit different and once clicked the "hourglass" seems different too. These are cosmetic changes only but the error message today (without any changes made by me) is as follows:

Strangely, despite the error message HTTP connection from HCP to my backend system through Cloud Connector seems to be working fine. I still don't understand why connection check fails. I very much hope SAP will add some troubleshooting guide to Cloud Connector setup document. If SAP really want HCP to be used by more customers the critical part like the Cloud Connector must work flawlessly and now it seems VERY random.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

the reason text is explaining that there is no clear result. An info icon would probably fit better. Reason could be that there is no Cloud Connector connected or that the version connected is < 2.7.1.

Only starting with 2.7.1 the Cloud Connector is able to handle the check request triggered from the cockpit. The runtime is typically not affected as long as there is an SCC connected, which can be seen from the Connectivity tab, and if the required hosts are exposed.

Best regards,

Markus

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

unfortunately the documentation for the different possible error messages is currently still in review and not yet publicly visible on the documentation homepage of the Connectivity Service.

But I can already say, that the above error can have one of three possible reasons:

• The Cloud connector version is less than 2.7.1.
  • The Cloud connector is not connected to the account.
  • The backend can be reached, but returns a HTTP status code above or equal to 500.

As in your case everything works fine, I would assume, that your Cloud Connector version is an older one, which does not yet support the "Check Connection" operation?!

Best Regards, Ulrich

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SMP Developer Center to SAP HANA Cloud Platform

as the more appropriate community for this topic.  Please remember to search before posting.  If nothing else, it will direct you to the right community.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG