cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Installation: EHP7 on Oracle 12.1 (Linux)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

in a very regular installation of ERP 6.0 - EHP7 with Oracle on Linux there is a obstinately resist of the SWPM to go reach the finish successfully...

SUSE 11 SP4
Oracle 12.1 (51047708 - Oracle12.1 RDBMS Linux x86 64 2von2)

I tried various and deinstalled every time with ../oracle/<SID>/121/deinstall.

But the error stays: In step 12 "Create database" it says

"errno=CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters."

I tried:

- next to the actual SWPM10SP09_8-20009701.SAR also the older SWPM10SP09_7-20009701.SAR

- $ORACLE_HOME with "/oracle/<SID>/121" and "/oracle/<SID>/12102"

Regarding to note 937174 I found the parameter tDataFileInfo in keydb.xml. The row[7] may define there the PSAPUNDO tablespace.
I have edit the keydb.xml and reduced the size of PSAPUNDO from 10000 to 1000MB (see screenshot) with no result (just to have edited the file somehow).

But as there are no more really options for troubleshooting I would like to ask here, if anybody has an idea, what can be done.
If no one has a solution, I would quote, 12.1 is not installable and we have to install EHP7 it with Oracle 11.2.0.4 instead.

Anybody got an inspirating idea?
Please find screenshots and extracts of logfiles below.

Thanks alot in advance

Tobias

Sapinst_dev.log

TRACE      2016-02-09 09:21:12.545 (root/sapinst)

ORACLE_HOME dump: {

sid:O4H

hostname:ICOSAP26

dbsid:O4H

installDB:true

ORACLE_HOME:/oracle/O4H/121

abapSchema:SAPSR3

abapSchemaUpdate:

javaSchema:

}

ERROR      2016-02-08 17:16:01.031 (root/sapinst) [CInstallerCallBackImpl.cpp:259] id=ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.assertionFailed errno=CJS-00030

Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters.

ERROR      2016-02-08 17:16:01.033 (root/sapinst) [iaxxbjsmod.cpp:97] id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025

Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters..

Sapinst.log

ERROR 2016-02-09 09:21:12.759 (root/sapinst) id=ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.assertionFailed errno=CJS-00030

Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters.

ERROR 2016-02-09 09:21:12.764 (root/sapinst) id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025

Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters..

ERROR 2016-02-09 09:21:12.882 (root/sapinst) id=controller.stepExecuted errno=FCO-00011

The step checkStepPreconditions with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdb|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|ora|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|main|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|std|0|NW_OraDbBuild|ind|ind|ind|ind|build|0|checkStepPreconditions was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[7] does not describe valid data file parameters.).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue started while creating the database, the SAP installation start and allocated some parameter value based of the hardware configuration like RAM,CPU.. in database side as well SAP profile. Here the issue start from create database. I faced the similar issue when I installed SAP. Try to increase shared pool size and reserved size. method to follow increase the value in pfile and create spfile from pfile. You need to restart the database to performing this steps. Also, check and increase the size with meet the requirement. Have you checked  prerequisites  for increase swap size etc.. before start the installation ? Share the complete log.

Thanks,

Brindavan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brindavan ,

thanks for reply.
We finally found the error: row[7] may actually defines the 8th row, while there is also a row[0].
Then the error is PSAPTMP for which a wrong "Sapdata key" was given, and the SWPM did take it with no problems.

Finally here only SAPDATA1 - SAPDATAx is allowed. Any other key's produce errors later.

Please recognize: At least there need to be SAPDATA1 - SAPDATA4. If there are less than these 4 key (exactly named like this) also errors rise later with SWPM.

Thanks alot!
Cheers Tobias

Answers (0)