cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECSTORE Issue After System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have performed system copy using r3load method from source 7.4 ABAP system however , in target system I am getting errors under SECSTORE transaction.

As a part of system copy for target system I selected DEFAULT for Secure Store Key Generation step.

Please let me know how to fix secstore entries? Can I delete them ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor

Hi Amurya,

Have you checked section "Checking ABAP Secure Store" in SAP System Copy Guide for your release.

Thanks,

MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems I need to provide Source system encryption key , which I don't have to source SECSTORE as the person who did the installation did not make a note of that.

Does that mean I would not be able to perform SYSTEM COPY from that system ?

Also , I found some installation logs of the system , is it possible to retrieve the key from there?

Please suggest 

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, this is not saved to the installation logs.

I believe that what you would need to do is to delete all entries in red state, at SECSTORE, and then re-enter the user/password at the SM59 destinations.

Regards,

Isaías

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amurya,

There are few things which you can check. Whether your source system has legacy or individual encryption key file and then take action accordingly. Below are few SAP Help links related to that:

System Security - SAP Library

Migration from Legacy Encryption Key to Individual Encryption Key - System Security for SAP NetWeave...

Also few users have suggested to check sapinst_dev.log file to retrieve encryption key. I am not sure about this but you can try.

Thanks,

MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohit,

I have generated the new key at source system and have re-encrypted the old one with that ( kind of merged)  and taking fresh export from the source system now.

Thanks for your support .

Regards,

kathleen_a_sales
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, im having the same issue but Im lost as to what you have done. How did you replace the red entries (Uses the old Encryption key) with the newly generated encryption key.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Dear kathleen.a.sales it seems the author of this question got his issue solved. As he is appearing with former member, he won't be active in the community anymore. Therefore, I would recommend you ask your question via open a new question instead. This initial question will be closed as the best answer has been accepted.

This tutorial can help you about how to ask a question: Ask and Answer Questions on SAP Community

Regards, Svea

SAP Community Global Moderator

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to Manish's suggestion, you can read the SAP note 1789377.

Regards,

Isaías