Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order creation from Vendor Bid in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on SRM 5.0, classic scenario.

We do bidding process and after vendor bid has been accepted we create purchase order from there by using 'Generate P.O.' button. As we are still in testing phase we sometimes get message 'Purchase order has not been created'. In SRM monitor I can see the following backend applicatin error:

2000000070 E BAPI 001 No instance of object type PurchaseOrder has been created. External reference: 4626BAED659900EA00000000C0C28FE4K732404 ECPO

Can somebody tell me how can I debug it so I am able to check what's going on? Function module name or program would be ideal with some short instructions.

I will rewared with point usefull answers.

kind regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert.

I dont know if you finally resolve your problem or identify why you can not create PO with Item Category L.

I have the same problem and i think is because SRM do not suport Subcontracting, but im not sure.

Could you tell us wich are your conclutions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

in classic scenario a shopping cart is prerequisiste to be able to create a PO

as result of a bid invitation. There is no way around for that prerequiste.

Create a shopping cart and move it via the sourcing cockpit to bidding, or define

a sourcing rule to automatically create a bid invitation.

With a shopping cart starting the process, the PO will be created in the backend.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

You misunderstood me - we have the whole process but I am just describing where the problem occurs.

regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

please confirm: the process starts with a shopping cart, which then is used for

a bid inviation?

Looking at the error, the system does not find the right document type "ECPO".

I assume, you maintained that value in Org Model, but there are some elements

missing.

Try and replace ECPO with EC, the doc type, which I assume you use for EBP

Purchase Orders and see if it works.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Yes, we do it this way. IT normally works but we now are trying to do a special case which is not in standard. I expected it did not work but I need to debug it to find out how I can correct it or use a BADi. That's why I am looking for function module that actually does the transfer or rather creates PO in backend.

Just to give you more details we create purchase req. with subcontracting item category(business requirement ), we send it to sourcing, create bid invitation, accept vendor bid and create PO. The last step is failing. When we use 'normal' purchase requsitions it works correctly.

Hopefully it's clear now.

thanks,

Robert

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

In R/3, did you map item category L to document type ECPO ?

Check the BBP_FUNCTION_MAP table for appropriate FM for your R/3 version for PO create.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Yes, it's mapped but still doesn't work...

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I found out that it doesn't work for one specific vendor which we use for most of our tests. I compared it with other vendors for which it works and there are no differences so I suspect the problem is with either contract or info record. What do you think? What can be a problem here?

Please advise. I will reward usefull answers with points.

kind regards,

Robert