Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM - Unable to see HTTP service in SICF

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to see HTTP service in PPM node in SICF.

Where should we see this? A screen shot will help.

See below screen shot of server where I am configuring.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Is it perhaps this : Default_host -> SAP -> BC -> GUI -> SAP -> ITS -> WEBGUI

Regards

C

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charl,

This is on page 19 of config guide as given below

Defining an Alias

By defining an alias in the HTTP service tree (transaction SICF), you can call the application

using a shorter, mnemonic URL.....

No further path is given for HTTP service tree and I search all nodes but still could not get it.

I need this to define the alias url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The steps that I followed :

1. Find the web server address: default_host -> sap -> bc -> gui -> sap -> its -> webgui

Check first if the webgui service is active, if not activate it

Test this service, if prompted if this must be allowed click yes. The path of the service displayed is the web server address

2. Go into SPRO -> Portfolio Management -> Base System Interfaces -> Application Object Settings -> Define web server alias

In here you will define the ALIAS and you will map this against the value of the server alias which you found in step 1

3. Now you can also map this same (step 2 values) into the config step 'Make settings for calling an SAP transaction'

4. Now you can also specify the web server (will be in the dropdown) for relevant object types under node 'Define object link types'

Hope this helps

C

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Charl,

Although I followed the steps you mentioned -- and they matched with the steps given in workflow instructions -- I am not sure how the alias should work

e.g. if the alias is PDMCLNT300 (this is defined in table T000 already -probably during base installation -- so we dont need to invent the alias name ourselves), then if I form the url as http://<host>:<port>/pdmclnt300  -- this url does not work. 

Not sure if I defined correct. Is there any way of checking if we have defined alias correct?

Regards,

Ashwini

Answers (0)