Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Access DB

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to insert records into the Access DB. My runtime is on AIX. the Access DB is on another windows server (MyWinServer). My Connection parameters are as follows:

JDBC Driver : <b>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</b>

Connection : <b>jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//MyWinServer/PACKLINE/newpackline.mdb</b>

But i'm getting the following error:

Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//MyWinServer/PACKLINE/newpackline.mdb': java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried even with replacing the MyWinServer with the IP address of the windows server. I had also gone through the following URL which has the MDB file locally on XI Server.

<a href="/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn:///people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Please can anybody help in fixing this issue as it is high priority for my development. I have seen the threads on this but no thread lists the solution.

Any help wud b highly apprecited.

Thnx in Advance.

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Any clue guys regarding the communication between XI and Access?

Anil

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Help guys?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

could you please check this

SAP Note 929640 - XI JDBC Adapter: Sender processing stops because of NPE

Also see

SAP Note 877271 - List of Corrections for SAP WebAS Java 6.40 SP13->SP14

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra shekhar,

The notes which u were talking about are not related to this question.

929640 - Talks about the Sender Adapter (In My Case Reciever).

877271 - Talks about null pointer during connection.close() which is far beyond our discussion. I'm not able to establish the connection in the first place.

Thnx

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use te IP address instead of windows host name

also see the below link

Regards

Chilla

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi chandra shekhar,

Thnx for ur reply. but i had already mentioned that i had seen these threads which doesnt have the solution. if you hav look at the last reply on the thread which u had pasted, u will come to know that it is mine and it is talking abt the same issue. There is no point in pasting the same thing again.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ok , nop.

See SAP Note : 831162 FAQ: XI 3.0 JDBC Adapter

and

Regards

Chilla

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Help guys in connecting to the Access on a different Windows Server from XI running on AIX?

in Desperate need of solution for this...:-(

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the below links , sorry if you have already gone through..

Regards

Chilla