cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are in transition process from dev to qa system. Gateway for the qa will remain the same system as for dev system (separate server).

Now, for dev system as backend - Fiori works fine with our apps, but I wanted to know how should I move the backend from dev to qa, so that in frontend server data from the qa server would be displayed?

And how can I check which backend server is used by Fiori frontend?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We did it recently. In our case we followed following steps.

1. Create trusted RFC connection to QA system (SM59)

2. Put this RFC connection in the system aliases used to connect to DEV system in SPRO and change the system id and client also here.

Thats it by performing these steps, all the applications were pointing to QA instead of DEV backend.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks But is there a way I can check from which back-end data is displayed?

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check which system alias is being used for the OData service. Within this system alias in SPRO there would be a RFC destination pointing to either the DEV or QA back end system. From this you can find out from which back end system the data is being fetched.

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to create RFC destination and System alias in the gateway for your QA back end system and then add the system alias for your OData service(s). You can set the QA system alias as the default alias.