cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing a ProForma (F5) for billingtype FAZ (down payment request)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community, I am new here... We are working with billing plan (Milestone billing). Our business is having the requirement to issue a ProForma invoice (F5) in order to send it to our customer for his validation prior issuing the final invoice. This is no problem at all for billingtype F1, but I am not able to get  ProForma out of the system for a billingtype FAZ (down payment request). It seems that in VF01 system is skipping that row of billing plan completly, it does not suggest me this line at all for creating a F5 for it. Can you please advise me as I am not (yet) much familiar with billing plans... is this not forseen at all or is there something missing in our config? Thank you for putting me in the right direction; Eylin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing document type F5 has billing category field as blank.

in FAZ document type billing category field is P see the screenshot.

P indicates down payment request hence for order related billing type (such as) if billing category is P then only billing plan related info will be copied.

You can assign output to FAZ and your client can provide this output to their customer. I do not see a point in printing proforma invoice with reference to sales order for down payment request.

Also if you could please elaborate "but I am not able to get  ProForma out of the system for a billingtype FAZ (down payment request)."

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thank you for putting my attention to the billing category. You are right - it is maintained for F1 & F5 with blank and for FAZ with P.

In regards of your suggestion it cannot be a solution for us. We do have already an output type assigned  to FAZ - so customer does get a printout already.

However what we want to achieve is to issue a pro forma invoice (F5) PRIOR we issue a FAZ.

Why? If we issue a FAZ we do have as well a financial posting with base line date etc. -however first we need to check with customer whether this issued document is correct in terms of value and as well in terms of printed texts etc. Only when customer confirms we issue the FAZ, then it is correct to show it in our books and as well the baseline date / payment term is properly.

Right now we are issuing a FAZ, then maybe 10 days later the customer is coming back to us that the document is okay (or it is not okay and he is asking us for adjustments). In both cases (FAZ accepted or FAZ not accepted/requires our rework), we have to cancel the FAZ and create it new again in order to have proper baseline date; only then payment term can start counting.

What we are doing right now is not ideal that´s why I am looking for a solution to create a F5 out of the FAZ line item which I have in tab "billing plan" in orders Header.

Kind regards

Eylin

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eylin,

I see following three options,

1) Is there a possibility to change order confirmation output, you can change output of sales order and give the same to the customer. Here you can add down payment related data on output.

2) Create Z document type which has similar configuration of F5 and Billing category P. (as it is not advisable to change in Standard SAP document types.).

3) Put billing block in FAZ. And send customer print of FAZ before it is released to accounting. If customer agrees to pay the down payment then user can release FAZ document to accounting.

In our case, we have achieved this problem by changing output type of sales order.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thanks for your thoughts. I will try to reach my goal with proposal 2)

Kind regards

Eylin