cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target stock level Method with CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I intend to use target stock level method for the CTM planning. I maintain the target days supply at product master level, there nothing plan for those many days of supply. Can some one advise how can I plan with this method.

Regards,

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do any search on this topic yet?

CTM does not support Target Days.

Think about it.  CTM is order based planning.  It doesn't look at future demand.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I am aware that CTM does not support Target days. I want to know how we can perform CTM planning with Target days of supply to plan safety stock.

Regards,

AB

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

AB,

Have you tried Safety Days' supply?

Regards

AK

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As AK was mentioning,

Target Days is not used for safety stock.   So curious why you are asking about target days?

What is your actual requirement?

CTM does use safety stock / safety days.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I appreciate for your time looking into the possible solution. The requirement is not to have a fixed quantity of safety stock or to creates the planned order in advance as a safety days supply. We are looking to determine safety stock for 15 days as example to cover uncertainty of demand. I believe this can be achieved if we maintain it as a Target days of supply. What I understand CTM is not supporting Target days of supply. If there is any exit which I can use for the CTM please suggest or any other work around.

Regards,

AB

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you explain your requirement with an example?

We are looking to determine safety stock for 15 days as example to cover uncertainty of demand.

What do you expect if you have 15 days forecast/sales order (demand), if working with daily bucket?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

AB,

I believe that having CTM perform 'Target days supply' safety stock planning is not supported in standard.

If I were required to create a solution for a non-supported safety stock method in CTM, I would probably create a new custom ATP category in configuration, representing a requirements element, to be calculated and populated via custom development, and added to LiveCache via custom development just prior to the CTM run.

Best Regards,

DB49