Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product hierarchy flow from material master to sales order

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to understand about the product hierarchy value flow in sales order from material master. With product hierarchy field blank in sales org 2 view of material master, the value doesn't seem to flow at all in the sales order item. We were expecting that it would flow from the Basic data 1 tab of material master in this case.

Could you please let me know if there is any provision to make config settings to decide precisely from which view the flow of product hierarchy value should be from material master to sales order item?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

If you have the values already maintained in the Basic data view, why not maintain them in the sales view as well. You can create a batch input job to update these values if necessary.

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olufisayo,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually our client is planning to harmonise product hierarchies across various SAP landscapes and accordingly product hierarchy values will need to be updated in all systems. We were just trying to figure out a way to reduce the effort of updating the product hierarchy values in both the views of material master.

Could you please help me in understanding SAP's standard behaviour in this scenario? Doesn't the system consider product hierarchy values maintained in the basic view of material master while sales order creation if the value is not maintained in sales view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

The standard behaviour is for Sales Orders to pick the correct product hierarchy from the Sales Org2 view in the material master based on the sales area the sales order belongs to. I personally do not know of any standard config to make it pick from the basic view.

Like I said earlier, please consider a batch input job to do the update to both views, that does not require a lot of extra effort.

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olufisayo,

Thank you for your response.

Answers (0)