cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP Identity Management developer studio w/o internet access?

former_member99521
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install SAP Identity Management developer studio on a WTS server that has no Internet access. This server will be used for support and is located in secure network LAN at DC.

I can get Java 64 bit version and the appropriate Eclipse version via zip file but I didn’t find how to get SAP IdM Pug in without having to access SAP dev. tools for Eclipse site.

Did someone already manage and can share with me how to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Stephane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

You have to download the plugin distribution as zip file.

If you are internal SAP Employee I can provide you with this zip file - otherwise it will be impossible to get it because the only update sita available is on tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna/ and you need to have internet access.

Once you have it as zip file you just have to select Local from tine Install new software in your eclipse.

You can contact me via our internal communicator so I can give you more info.

Reagrds

Todor

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So Todor, what happens if one is not a SAP employee? Is there a way to download the file and then copy to a USB stick?

I'm not seeing this on any of my projects, but sometimes systems are on a disconnected network for security reasons.

Stephane, I would reccomend also posting this on the SAP IDM Idea place as well.

Regards,

Matt

former_member187331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

currently the only way is to download eclipse on a PC with internet connection, install the plugin and then copy the installation folder of eclipse to a USB Stick.

Its the only "workaround" for now, we already sent a request to SAP to fix this issue by hosting the plugin-file on the IdM Site.

Actually we face many environments without internet connection on customers in the finance/defense sector.

Greetings,

Aydin

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aydin,

I know.  I've faced these issues before, just not with IDM 8.  I've been doing "sneakernetting" since the days of floppy disks.

I think I just dated myself...

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I was trying to find the site.xml that actually holds this info but since I am too busy doing SP02 testing I suggest that one can mirror the dowload site using:

java -jar $eclipse_home/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command mirror -from $from -to $to 

This way you will have it on your file system too.

This is more Eclipse related stuff. If I get a direct url for download I will share it here.

Regards

Todor

former_member99521
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Todor,

Many thanks to you. You perfectly helped.

Next will be as you know to let all SAP colleagues and non SAP employee to be able to easily collect the .zip fle by their own.

Very best regards

Stephane

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

So... one last update here.

Unfortunately people won't be able to download the plugin as ZIP soon.

This is because of some legal terms and conditions that people have to accept.

I spoke with some colleagues responsible for that and currently the only way is to archive your eclipse and put it on flash drive.

Sorry about that but it seems this is the only way for now.

Regards

Todor

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todor,

I think that's a reasonable work around. I'm getting all of the pieces together to do a version 8 install (I have to do it in between other tasks)

I'll try to document this for a blog. (unless you can do it first)

Matt

Answers (0)