Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding condition counter

sunil_baby
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone help me to understand the use of condition counter in sales order pricing condition.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly be more specific when posting questions on SCN. This is posted in general SD forum but then few replies later turns out to be specific to AFS (which is an industry solution and has its own space on SCN - Site Index link is in the bottom left corner). How could anyone respond intelligently when there are no full details provided?

Unless there is something specific to AFS, there is no relationship whatsoever between the schedule lines and condition counter. In Data Dictionary (SE11) you can see these are different data types of incompatible length.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Condition counter is a Mini step for further Refining of the conditions within a step.

system searches the condition records as per the counter numbers in the pricing procedures

you can take an example as Discount

various discount condition types are arranged in sequence as counters.

system checks the records as per the counter number.

sunil_baby
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply. i would like to understand more about the relationship between condition counter and schedule line associated with a sales order item.

My understanding is each schedule line there will be new condition counter being created within the same step and also the condition type is applying at size level. In this scenario.

1. Can I expect more than one counter applied to same schedule line (Size) ?

2. Is it possible that one day counter 1 is associated with schedul line 1 and next day it is pointing to schedule line 2.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards,

Sunil

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you talking about price elements or Freight elements

sunil_baby
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I am not very good in AFS SD. I have seen in price elements i think.

Thanks, Sunil

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think there is any link between pricing condition counter and item schedule lines.

They are Different Entities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I assume you're referring the SAP AFS size wise pricing. Size wise pricing has not link with the counters. In the pricing procedure, the counters are given as a sub step between main steps. That's all.

Size wise pricing is introduced to support Apparel industry specific requirement. That is to have different prices at different sizes. For example Size S - 100 USD, Size M - 102 USD, Size L - 105 USD, etc.

in order to use this SAP AFS, has the indicatory to setup materials with size wise pricing. And also the condition types needs to be marked as size wise pricing relevant.

Once that's is done, you can maintain VK11 records at size level.

When you create a new sales order, based on the sizes that was selected for that line, you will see condition (eg: PR00) repeating. against the condition line in the condition tab, you will also see the schedule line number. This has nothing to do with the counter in your pricing procedure.

Hope this helps you to clarify your doubts. I would like to suggest you to read below articles to understanding different element in pricing / IS AFS grid level pricing.

Size wise tax classification in SAP (IS-AFS)

Master Grid in SAP (IS - AFS)

Definition and Usage of 16 fields in the Pricing Procedure

Thanks much.

Regards,

Simon.