cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representative WSDL URL for triggerring soap data.

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

I have  SOAP to Proxy Scenario in SAP PI 7.4 dual stack.I have to provide WSDL URL to the sender so that they can push data.But the WSDL should not contain host name as it will expose the host name which is not preferred.

While publishing from the sender agreement, i have overwritten the host name using "overwrite URLs during publication option".

Actual WSDL :http://<ActualHostName>:50000/dir/wsdl?p=sa/2265eb0e2fb43f884270221583f240

WSDL after overwrite :http://<representative name>:50000/dir/wsdl?p=sa/2265eb0e2fb43f884270221583f240

My question is, Can I provide the overwritten WSDL URL to sender team to push data.Will it work or is there any thing else to do.

Is the Overwritten WSDL internally gets mapped to original WSDL.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

My question is, Can I provide the overwritten WSDL URL to sender team to push data.Will it work or is there any thing else to do.

Is the Overwritten WSDL internally gets mapped to original WSDL.

You can do a little test to see if it is working. Try connecting to a network that is not in the intranet and then paste the URL.

Aside from that, you can use SAP's webdispatcher to do the redirection. Just replace the endpoint with the webdispatcher URL and it will do the rest.

Regards,

Mark

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Do I need to contact IT and Networking guy to do the redirection using web dispatcher.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

Firstly check with your Basis team, if you already have a web-dispatcher installed in your PI server. If it is installed, then you can give the web-dispatcher. If it is not installed, then you can go with the suggestion provided.

SAP Web-dispatcher comes with the license cost, if you do not have it then it is not suggested to go with it for your requirement.

Please feel free to contact for more help on this.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashid,

You can keep the below link as reference for the suggestions share by the experts.

SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Networking team has done the masking of hostname and are able to push data.

Thank you!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

This would not work. How you expect your representative name get resolved into actual hostname? If you are not comfortable with providing the actual hostname and private IP address, then ask your network team to setup a Public IP address for your PI system and provide that IP address instead of your actual IP address and hostname.

Regards,
Nitin

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Networking team was facing issue with firewall and certificate, so they were not able to connect.

Issue is now resolved and they are able to push data.

Thank you for your help!!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashid,

Guess it will work.

Else you should reverse proxy.