Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Security in BO

former_member183330
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP BW as data source, wanted implement security for sales data.

I have IDT universe and having different Hierarchy level users like HUB, ZONE, STATE, TERRITORY, CITY.

based on user ID he should get the data with respective location, also need to schedule the report for auto refresh also.

I have gone throw some threads but not able to find correct solution.

Could any one suggest better solution.

Thanks,

G Sampath Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your BO admin to enable the Single Sign in relation connections authentication.Once your connection start working with single sign on authentication then same BW security will go to webi report data.Similar to BICS connection.

Amit

former_member183330
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

We are not having security in BW.

Thanks,

G Sampath Kumar

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Best practice is to implement your data security is to do it in BW and bring it to your reports from there instead of doing it in BO

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

If you're using Information Design Tool, check these below links. I haven't worked with BW as source, so I could just provide those links to get things started for you.

Information design tool 4.0: Create a data security profile that restricts access to specific rows

Also, check out this cool presentation, it has a lot to say about Security Profiles and how to create them in Security Editor.

http://events.asug.com/2012BOUC/1213_Delivering_Personalized_and_Secure_Business_Intelligence.pdf

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed