Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBMA on PI 7.31 dual stack_not working

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on PI 7.31 dual stack. The requirement is to trigger alerts to user and technical/functional teams for a specific critical interface for all errors captured in PI .

I have configured Message Based Alerts for the same but probably standard alerts are not functionally enough descriptive - lacking the key field value(like Invoice Number) .They need to know exactly which message has failed.

I believe this sort of customization is not possible in Message Based Alerting standard configuration.

Hence I tried to explore the possibility of using CBMA on dual stack.

I understand there are options of configuring CBMA both on AS ABAP and AS JAVA.

I have followed the given link  but the same is not working:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

Can anyone please help me understand if I am missing some step.

Regards,

Shikha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shikha,

Try as per the below link and check

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

I believe these are two very different approaches to configure CBMA on AS  JAVA and AS ABAP

for PI dual stack.

CBMA on AS JAVA can be configured as:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

CBMA on AS ABAP can be configured as:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

Also as per what I explored so far, in PI 7.31 IE failures are captured in ABAP stack and require settings in AS ABAP to capture alerts. All Adapter Engine failures are captured in Java stack and require settings in AS JAVA to capture alerts.

As of now my doubt is about CBMA on AS ABAP not working.

About the other approach as per Michal's blog, I am already on the way to complete that configuration as well.

Regards,

Shikha

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shikha,

Yes,correct,

just make sure the background is running and released in transactions SM36 and SM37.

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Raghu,

Checked. It seems fine.

Thanks. Any other input to check the configurations is valuable.

Regards,

Shikha

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer the below discussion once shikha,Might be helpful

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

I can see all the Header rules saved in table SALRTHDRRULE still the system is not writing to table SXMSALERTCONTENT.

Any further clue please.

Regards,

Shikha

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured alerts for both AS ABAP and AS JAVA as per the threads mentioned above.

But In case of mapping error, I could not receive the alert mail.

Instead every time when Development server of PI is restarted, a mail alert is triggered but for IDOC_AAE whereas we are not using the same anywhere.

I do not know why this mail got triggered at all. We have this scenario which is a normal IDOC to HTTP scenario and not a IDOC_AAE one.

Any clue on this?

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shikha,

What is the error you are facing for this?

Regards,

Nitin

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I am neither getting any error nor any alert to configured recipient mailbox. Seems that the configuration is still incomplete.

Regards,

Shikha

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello shikha,

check the Michael blog,Hope it will work.