cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mail has no attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Consultants,

To request for PR approval, PR creator must perform t-code to send SAP mail via Outlook to PR approver a message containing his attachment.  After the PR approver release this PR, a SAP mail notification approval must be sent to PO creator with the attachment.  However, the PR approval notification message to PO creator does not contain the attachment after release of purchase requisition.

Have checked in t-code SOST if the PR creator have attached file during PR approval request and he did.

Can I ask what cause this error? How can I troubleshoot this one?

Thanks and regards,

Jeremiah Dollente

SAP MM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremiah,

if transaction SOST correctly displays the attachment of the e-mail, but the attachment "gets lost" after sending the e-mail, you can create a trace in SOST to see whether R/3 sends everything correctly.

With the description of SAP KBA 1947273 - "How to save the MIME header for problem analysis?" you can check how R/3 sends the MIME.

If everything is fine here, you can also make a "regular" SOST trace.

If this is also clean, then only the remote mail server traces can show further details.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Laszlo for your help.

Have found out that the sap mail has no attachment because the approver release the purchase requisition not via email but through ME54N.

Answers (0)