cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP Predictive Analytics perform only the binary classification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just wondering whether SAP PA performs only the binary classification now. If yes, when can we expect the multi-classification techniques be available in PA? I'm aware that we can use custom component using R and do this but I'm looking for an in-built algorithm in SAP PA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes PAL has several algorithms that support multi class classification problems.

HANA C4.5 and HANA CHAID , HANA NaiveBayes are the algorithm that also support multiclass classification in expert analytics

Message was edited by: Paul Pallath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathan

With non HANA data sources, there is non such ready made algorithm available for multi class classification, then you need to do R scripting only. But if your connected to HANA database then as Paul said HANA PAL does provide a very rich sets of algorithm to sort your purpose.

Regards

Ranajay

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, Just to add some options.

The CNR Tree in expert mode can do multi-classification even without HANA.

But maybe the classification in automated mode is even better. Whilst a single model is always binary, you can create multiple binary models at once. So if the target for example contains "blue", "green" and "yellow", you can create three target variables that are binary

- isBlue

- isGreen

- isYellow

Just enter these variables as "Target Variables" (you can enter more than one at a time) and you will get three models.

Mathan, can you explain what use case you have in mind and whether you have HANA available or not?

Many thanks

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Currently I'm evaluating what and all can be done using SAP PA using few sample datasets and a few real time data.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hopefully your evaluation is going well 🙂 please let us know.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To add to Paul's great answer, Automated Analytics does not support multi class classification problems.

As per help: Only continuous and two-category nominal or ordinal target variables can be modeled.

My 2 cents,

Antoine