cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Please help me.....Let me know the area to look for it I am a DBA..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Please help me.....Let me know the area to look for it I am a DBA..Thanks in advance to let me know the cause and the area to look and fix it...

Server Error in '/' Application.

-

Problem with SAP/BAPI. SAP.Connector.RfcCommunicationException: Connect to message server failed Connect_PM MSHOST=prddb01.lamrc.com, R3NAME=PRD, GROUP=Prod HR PRD LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR service 'sapmsPRD' unknown TIME Wed May 04 08:59:06 2005 RELEASE 620 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 36 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 428 DETAIL NiPServToNo SYSTEM CALL getservbyname COUNTER 1 at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.ThrowRfcException(RFC_ERROR_INFO_EX rfcerrInfo, Encoding encoding, String languangeCode) at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.Open() at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.RfcInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn) at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn) at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPProxy1.Z_Bapi_Load_Kpi_Region(ZSOFT_KPI_REGIONS_MTable& Kpi_Regions, ZSOFT_PROD_TYPETable& Prod_Type) at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPGSK.LoadKPIRegion(DataSet dsProduct)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Problem with SAP/BAPI. SAP.Connector.RfcCommunicationException: Connect to message server failed Connect_PM MSHOST=prddb01.lamrc.com, R3NAME=PRD, GROUP=Prod HR PRD LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR service 'sapmsPRD' unknown TIME Wed May 04 08:59:06 2005 RELEASE 620 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 36 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 428 DETAIL NiPServToNo SYSTEM CALL getservbyname COUNTER 1 at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.ThrowRfcException(RFC_ERROR_INFO_EX rfcerrInfo, Encoding encoding, String languangeCode) at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.Open() at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.RfcInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn) at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn) at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPProxy1.Z_Bapi_Load_Kpi_Region(ZSOFT_KPI_REGIONS_MTable& Kpi_Regions, ZSOFT_PROD_TYPETable& Prod_Type) at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPGSK.LoadKPIRegion(DataSet dsProduct)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: Problem with SAP/BAPI.

SAP.Connector.RfcCommunicationException: Connect to message server failed

Connect_PM MSHOST=prddb01.lamrc.com, R3NAME=PRD, GROUP=Prod HR PRD

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR service 'sapmsPRD' unknown

TIME Wed May 04 08:59:06 2005

RELEASE 620

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 36

RC -3

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 428

DETAIL NiPServToNo

SYSTEM CALL getservbyname

COUNTER 1

at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.ThrowRfcException(RFC_ERROR_INFO_EX rfcerrInfo, Encoding encoding, String languangeCode)

at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.Open()

at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.RfcInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn)

at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn)

at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPProxy1.Z_Bapi_Load_Kpi_Region(ZSOFT_KPI_REGIONS_MTable& Kpi_Regions, ZSOFT_PROD_TYPETable& Prod_Type)

at SoftwareKeySAPG.SAPGSK.LoadKPIRegion(DataSet dsProduct)]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1503

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218

SoftwareKeyUI.InstalledBaseDataWS.InstalledBaseData.LoadKPIRegionMulti(DataSet products)

SoftwareKeyUI.InstalledBaseDataAccess.LoadKPIRegionMulti(DataSet products)

SoftwareKeyUI.InstalledBase.GetRegionDetails(Int32 userId, String product, String regionType)

SoftwareKeyUI.FilteredAccess.GetRegionDetails(Int32 userId, String product, String regionType)

SoftwareKeyUI.search.LoadRegionDetails()

SoftwareKeyUI.search.regionType_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +26

System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +115

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1099

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The error is a very basic one - the sapmsPRD service is not known. You will have to go to <NT_ROOT>\system32\drivers\etc and add the entry sapmsPRD 3600 to this file.

This is basically telling the requester at what port to look for the message server.

C