cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for external application via IFrame in WebDynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a webdynpro application which can open other external applications from the UWL. Lets say another webdynpro for java application or webdynpro for abap application or a BSP etc.

The problem is that every time I open the external applications I am ask to fill in user name and password. How can I avoid this?

The webdynpro application runs in portal 7.0.

I want to force/use SSO. Between the Portal and the webdynpro application the SSO works. Not between the webdynpro and the external application.

I have read you can use:

- the application integrator

- url iView.

Are there more maybe better methods to accomplish this?

Hope you can help.

Greetings,

Sandhya

Message was edited by:

Sandhya Banwarie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto the other application , goto its Application Properties(double click on application), check here if any entries have been added in Application Properties.

If yes then remove that. It wont ask you the login details again

For SSO:

Here some info on SSO with Web:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/26525dbc-0601-0010-7199-c61...

Scenario: SSO Between Portal, Web Dynpro, and ABAP Systems

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/1dd4516c518645a59e5cff2628a5c1/frameset.htm

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for the answer, but that is not what I am exactly looking for. Here some more details:

1. My generic webdynpro applications, computes different URLs.

This can be an url fo a BSP application, a webdynpro application etc.

2. I created an View, with a IFrame, which has the computed URL as source.

In the portal, the View with the IFrame is opened. But what I see is that when you navigato to this view, the username and password is asked. It seems that it sees the IFrame as an external thing and does not pass the parameters from the generic webdynpro application to the view with the IFrame which is also incorporated in the generic webdynpro app.

Are there maybe some other alternatives to open the application directly without an IFrame?

Hopefully some more responses.

Message was edited by:

Sandhya Banwarie

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it asking login for both the application ie BSP and web dynpro?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only for the application (so another BSP, wdJ, WDA etc.) which should be openend in the IFrame View.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I actually see it happens only for applications which run on the ABAP stack. If I open a WDJ application, username and password are not asked for.

It has something to do between the connection of the JAVA and ABAP stack. How can you make this connection trusted?

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through the links, i guess it is done somewhere in visual admin, you need to remove that,

check out this thread,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/af/0489ce55002f44a8c927371bedf719/frameset.htm

hope it helps you,

regards