cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SFTP Sender CC to send a data file contains French Chars to a receiver using SFTP Receiver CC. I got problems as below:

1. In Sender CC, I used MessageTransformBean and text/xml;charset=utf-8, but in the payload from SXMB_MONI, the char

è

displayed as

�

I am just wondering is there anything missing here or the monitor can't display it right, and UTF-8 is the correct one?

2. In Receiver CC, I used MessageTransformBean and text/xml;charset=utf-8 as well, but French chars didn't appear correctly?

Is my configuration not right?

Many thanks in advance!

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

in your input payload (SXMB_MONI) --right click -- view source. and check whether you can able to see your char or not. if you can see the your text please check your receiver side file, it'll be same. what is your file extension?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K,

I don't see the View Source option below.

In the payload from SxmB_MONI, I just open the XML file and it display as "Carri�re", not correct.

I am wondering is it our PI environment has display issue, do you think this will be possible? But our ECC system can display French Accent correctly.

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

click your input payload ( Display content in window), and the right side screen when you see your payload, there you do right click --- view source.

as for i know we can see the char as you mentioned in sxmb_moni, but while posting it'll be as you french char in ECC.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blue so client is also receving the data correctly and only in PI it is displayed wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

In client side, the French accent is not displaying correctly.

I used the solution from this thread and the accent is displayed correctly in PI:

So it works now.

Thank you. Thanks everyone for the help.

Blue

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue,

Try encoding using UTF-16.I guess French characters come under UTF-16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghuraman.

Tried UTF-16, and in the payload of SXMB_MONI, it still displayed as "Carri�re". I am just wondering is it SAP can't display the accent or the encoding UTF-16 is not correct?

Also is ANSI's codepage 1252?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue,

Try ISO-8859-1 as Mahesh mentioned.

But for french UTF-16 should work.Try downloading the file and check using notepad+.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

I tried ISO-8859-1and ISO-8859-2, and UTF-8, nothing worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghuraman, I downloaded the file and opened it in Notepad, everything looks good