cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yesterday I finally managed to configure the NWDI on my local machine to work by pointing the systems in the CTC propertysheet to localhost. But today after I restarted my system, I am getting this error when I go to the SLD or NWA:

503 Service Unavailable

Application cannot be started.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.

In the logs there are a whole load of naming exceptions ... like non of the applications can lookup the JNDI for anything. I've checked up all SDN threads, but most people have just re-installed the WAS to solve the issue and I cant do that.

Please help!

Regards,

Nirav Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try manually starting the services using telnet.

Hope it helps.

Reward with points if useful.

Regards,

Nayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

No need of re-installation?Just check if the particular application is started or not.To check:

Go to visual admin-instance-server-services---deployservice. Restart the applications which are marked with cross in red colour box

Message was edited by:

Rajat Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check if u r able to conect to the database,if it is up and running.

2.check if instance is up and running.

3.go to Visual admin,

SID>services----->SLD Data supplier,

enter details of SLD you want to connect in both places <b>http request and CIM</b> <b>client settings</b>.after the settings are done,save at both the places.Check by doing the <b>CIMclient TEST</b>.it should be successfull.

Trigger SLD data transfer at the top and that also should be successfull.

4.administrator user should have LCRadministrator role.

TRY these options it should work.

reward suitable points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check if u r able to conect to the database,if it is up and running. - Yes

2.check if instance is up and running. - Yes

3.go to Visual admin,

SID>services----->SLD Data supplier,

enter details of SLD you want to connect in both places http request and CIM client settings.after the settings are done,save at both the places.Check by doing the CIMclient TEST.it should be successfull.

Trigger SLD data transfer at the top and that also should be successfull. - It fails since the SLD is not up.

4.administrator user should have LCRadministrator role. - Yes

Sorry guys .. I just lost all my patience, took transport backups and uninstalled the system. I'll do everything that I has last time and see if the problem arises again. For the time being, consider this thread on hold...

- Nirav