cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am new to PI Webservices scenarios therefore I apologise in advance.

We have an HTTP sap sender, to SOAP receiver scenario. In the message monitor I can see that it has run approximately 10000 times just for today. However, of these 10000, 17 of these are in error i.e:

I have no idea where to start looking for this error, especially as it works the vast majority of the time! All help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You can try SOAP UI tool to test the web service and in the RAW tab you can check the content type and in receiver CC you can use MTB module to set that particular  content type. Additionally check the credentials maintained in Reciever CC are valid or not.

Br,

Manoj

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTTP 401 is because of authorisation issues.

As Manoj suggested check for valid credentials in soap channel.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your reply.

It is working 99% of the time, it is just every now and again that it fails so i don't think there can be anything wrong with receiver CC because then it would fail all the time? Or is my thinking wrong?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Check below SAP Note.

821026 - AdapterEngine messaging URL returns HTTP 401 under high load

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glen,

the server responds with a non-XML answer, probably a web page. The http code is 401, which could point to authorization issues, but in fact could be anything, since the server decides what to send you. Firewalls often return a 401, for example.

In your case I'd also assume it is a timeout or some temporary network issue. If you want to get more detail on the error, ask the server side whether they see anything in their logs. The server should be able to see more detail than you do.

Regards,

Jörg

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

See section 2.2.2 HTTP 401 - Authentication Failure in this document

Regards,

Mark