cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non regenerating or delta alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have alerts in APO ( DP& SNP) where the alerts are getting regenerated on every run. I think this is standard SAP. We have situations where we want to see the alert for the first time but that alert situation would not be correctable and users would like to focus in newly created alert situations.

Here is a situation about alerts for Shorting a delivery in past:

We have a sales order for 100 and the delivery is created for just 80, the users want to know that situation although the shortage at that point of time can not be filled and the shorted demand is deemed lost. The fact that we can not go back in time, users would like to be alerted the first time and have an option to may be mark as "read" or "noted" and focus on new alerts.

However SAP deletes and regenerates the same alerts and any new new alerts after every run. This is inundating users with alerts and the users are loosing focus.

Did any one come across this kind of situation where the alerts do not need to be regenerated and only new alerts to be generated?

Thanks,

KA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K A

SAP does not delete the alerts and generated new alerts.

It´s all depends on how you have defined alert macros or background jobs where you might be deleting all the alerts before you are creating new alerts. Please check if you report /SAPAPO/AMON_REORG scheduling which would be deleting all the alerts before we regenerate it.

or as mentioned above, you might be having steps in your macro i.e. delete alerts which would be deleting old alerts before you generate the new one.

Request you to please cross check them from your side and adjust them accordingly to achieve your desired requirement. 

As far as above example is concern, I think you should explore the pegging alerts. This would provide you respective demand and supply pegging alerts.

Please let us know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I was not clear in my explanation...we have this delete step in macro that deletes the alerts in context.

My issue is not about deletion, my issue is about generating "delta" alerts. We don't want the APO system to generate the same alert again and again for every run. We want to identify a way to mark a previously created alert as "read" or some how mark so that the system only generates any new alerts and not the same old alerts + any new alerts. We just want the system to generate only new alerts for situations that may have emerged after the last run.

Hope this is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a macro generation alert, whn alert is generated update the newly created Key figure with some value say 1. Now use this key figure for alerting from AMON1.

Delete all alerts on daily basis.

if now the situation is not changed don't update the new key figure. if situation is changed update new key figure which in turn will generate new alert.

You need to work on this logic detail.

Regards,

Anil