cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: how to unlock a theme for editing/deletion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just created a new theme, but after giving the description, the UI went out without going to the editing mode. After restarted the Personas, I cannot change any thing of the created theme as it always said "the theme is locked by XXX".  I tried /admin and /themes tools as well, but no luck to unlock the theme.

Is there any bug when creating new theme?

Does any know how to unclock the theme that is locked?

Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

not that we know of. IF issue happens everytime, please create a message with us.

You could alternatively, goto SM12 and delete the entry for your user for table /personas/theme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Just some extra info: After a while, it turned to be working again, meaning that I can edit/delete the theme.

However, it does show some unstability - after I tried to create new themes, all the sudden - I run into the situation that on the UI, all the editing icons (for flavor and theme) disappeared (ie, no way you can do any editing unless restart the personas.)

Br,

Dong 

0 Kudos

hi dong,

Let me know if you find any reproducible  scenario or steps. Would help us.

I will try from my end too.

SUshant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I tried to edit my theme, but after pressing the edit theme button, the whole editing panel disappeared, see video 1.
Then I restart the personas, though the editing panel is shown, it is impossible to do any editing as it said, the theme is locked, see video 2. (I cannot upload my .mp4 files, thus upload screenshots instead.)

Hope this can give you some helpful info.  /Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I tried SM12 but there is no entry in the table. Somehow the theme data are corrupted?

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Info:

After some time (maybe quite long time), I can see the entry in the table. I removed the entry from the table, then went to admin tool to delete the theme from db. But when I started personas, I could still see the deleted theme on UI. When I tried to edit it (in order to remove it from UI), the edit panel went away again. Some thing went crazily with theme handling.

(by the way, why cannot I delete the them from admin tool?, I guess it should be the Strong way to remove themes, right? Normally, we just need to remove them from UI.)

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extra info:

After wait for 30 minutes, and now I removed the theme from sm12, admin tool and it disappered on UI too. Seems that there are a long time to do "backend sync" process - if so, all the users actions in admin tool and UIs should be blocked or advised by notes to avoid such comfusing situations. (just my guess)

Dong