Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual PO confirmation tab updates trigger the PO change Idoc

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i update the PO confirmation tab manually, i want to send ORDCHG idoc.

Currently, the output is triggered but it s getting failed. Error message " No IDoc items belonging to purchasing document found".

Please help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing you are getting error message ME760.  Have you tried searching for threads using the message number.  There are lots of threads on the SCN site and lots of notes on the SAP support site.

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

My requirement is to update the schedule date and time in confirmation tab manually or through ORDSP Idoc, the output should trigger and outbound ORDCHG Idoc should get triggered.

former_member197074
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This should ideally send out the message IDoc via EDI. I am facing the same issue for one customized output type but it is working fine for the other one.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which transaction do you get this message?

It rather looks like you try to lookup an Idoc for a PO which was never created.

Idocs are triggered via messaging, do you have a change message for EDI in your message tab of the PO?

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am doing it in ME22N. All the setup are there. If a change qty, it is triggering the output and ORDCHG idoc is getting triggered.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enter this string in Google: ME760 site:scn.sap.com

or alternative: " No IDoc items belonging to purchasing document found" site:scn.sap.com

also use this search term in SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search | SAP Support Portal

any of this searches has 20 or more hits.

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

My requirement is to update the schedule date and time in confirmation tab manually or through ORDSP Idoc, the output should trigger and outbound ORDCHG Idoc should get triggered.

I see one thread the below.

Following tables are used by programs to generate change message. Other table names are ignored.

EKKN, EKET, EKPO, EKKO, EKET, ESLL, ADRC

See note 1353497

Is this possible to trigger the output for EKES table?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then there would be a second OSS note which would tell that the mentioned OSS note is wrong and obsolete, don't you think so?

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could have been made a bit clearer in the note 1353497 , but the note is just about the customizing step for print-relevant changes, where you can even add fields from EKES, but they will not be considered, that is basically what the note says.

A change document is created for any change in ME22N, and if I did not misinterpret your initial question, then you have already the evidence that you get a change message for a date which is stored in EKES table.

But EKES is not print relevant (so it is not relevant for EDI), problem is that SAP creates always a message, which is explained in note 28869 .

And you get this ME760 error because you try to send such message

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

In your experience, Is it possible to send ORDCHG idoc when you update the confirmation tab manually or through ORDSP?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would rather say no.

Why should I send an Idoc to my vendor for a change which does not affect him.

ccsrini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually, we want to send the details to other external system which does planning. It is not sending back to vendor.