Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize users to access data of a specific range of dates only

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I got the request to set up some kind of authorization check for a group of users that will segregate the data they can read not only by organizational parameters (i.e. VKORG, which is easy) but also by period (i.e. they can access and execute even standard reports for a specific range of time, like from 01.02.2016 to 10.02.2016).

There is any option for this?

I'm not a profile expert (indeed, they throw this on me in an unexpected way :\) so, please, be gentle if the question sounds silly.

BR

Simone

A little add:

i found  F_BKPF_BUP which contains K_KC_DB with fiscal year and now i'll try to play with it a bit.

But, if this works, for logistic data like Sales Orders?

Message was edited by: Simone Milesi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean they can run the report between those dates, or, on the selection screen they are only authorized for those dates?

Either way there is no standard ERP based solution for this. What you are looking for is a BW reporting solution and activate the date as an analysis authorization relevant characteristic.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean they can run the report between those dates, or, on the selection screen they are only authorized for those dates?

Either way there is no standard ERP based solution for this. What you are looking for is a BW reporting solution and activate the date as an analysis authorization relevant characteristic.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius von dem Bussche wrote:

First of all thanks for quick reply, Julius.

Second one: yes, that or something that "filter" data after they are selected.

(i put from 1.1.2000 to 31.12.2016 and i got only 2016 data even if the system extract data for all the years)

0 Kudos

There is no way of controlling that in ERP using authorization objects / fields for a date range.

You could try a variant transaction to pass the parameters and set the screen status to un-editable. But BW reporting would be a better bet if the user can be restricted to that.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for alle the help

ulf_herbers
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is a solution to restrict by dates for Tax Audits as requested by German Law GDPDU
With tcodes TCP2,TCP4 and TCP6 you can restict users, programs and periods

Please start with note 2185201 to investigate:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2185201/E

This is not meant for daily use but only for audits.