cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve documents using BO Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can someone suggest me how to retrieve various reports created using BO analytical tools (such as WebI, Dashboards, Crystal reports, etc) in Mobile using BO mobile app?

I am using BOBI platform 4 client tools to prepare the reports. I configured the BO mobile server XI 3.1. Finally I set the properties for accessing the reports in mobile using BI launch pad (corporate categories -> mobile). After performing the above operations, I am able to connect to the respective server using the Mobile app installed in android smartphone but none of the reports are visible within the app.

I will be grateful if someone can suggest me what I have to do (any changes/installation) in order to view the reports within the Mobile app.

Thanks,

Santoshpratim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_gupta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please advise on the below:

1. Can the same user (used to login to SAP BI Mobile app) open and view the same report when logged into BI Launchpad ?
  2. If you assign any one of the the sample Web Intelligence reports in BI Launchpad  (under the 'Web Intelligence Samples' folder) to the 'Mobile' category, can you view the same in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app on your Android device while connecting using the Application Server URL of SAP BusinessObjects 4.x environment ?
  3. What is the Android version on your Smartphone ?
  4. What is the SAP BI Mobile app version ?

regards,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas/Arijit,

Thanks for your responses.

Below mentioned are the details as requested by Vikas:

The BO client/server tools that I have installed in my system is SAP BOBI platform 4.1 Support Pack 1. The BO Mobile Server that I have installed in my system is BO Mobile Server XI 3.1 as I didn't found any other mobile server versions (such as 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2) in the SAP support portal.

As per the queries form Arijit, below mentioned are the details:

1. I have created a user in CMC and assigned privilege to the user to access contents in my server from BO Mobile App. Using my current authentication, definitely I am able to view reports in BI Launch Pad but when it comes to viewing report in Mobile App, I am unable to do so as of now. I can login to the Mobile App but even after assigning authentication to view the reports/applications from BI Launch Pad, none of them were appearing in Mobile App.

2. I am unable to view any of the reports as of now in my BO Mobile App but can login to the App.

3. Android version of smartphone: 4.4.4 KTU84P

4. SAP BI Mobile App Version: 6.2.11

Please suggest if someone has implemented the same before.

Thanks,

Santoshpratim

arijit_gupta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Thank you for the info. You do not need to install SAP BusinessObjects BI Mobile in 4.x. It gets installed with MobileBIService.war and MOBIServer.war on your application server. Please review the info in section 5.3.2 in Page 15 of :

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/62_mobiandr_admin_en.pdf

Please mention the below:

1. Is your Application Server type Tomcat (which comes default with BI 4.1) ?
  2. Please mention the full CMC or BI Launchpad url.
  3. Please mention the complete Server URL you have mentioned in the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile App.
  4. Please mention the value for System (CMS Name and port) you mention in CMC or BI Launchpad login page.
  5. Please mention the value for CMS Name you have specified in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile App.
  6. Is the reported behavior occuring with the default Administrator (enterprise) user as well in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile App.

regards,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for your response.

Below mentioned are the details as requested by you:

1. Yes, application server type is tomcat which comes default with BI 4.1

2. CMC and BI Launch Pad URLs are as follows:

CMC URL: http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:8080/BOE/CMC

BI Launch Pad URL: http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:8080/BOE/BI

3. Complete server URL we have mentioned in the SAP BO Mobile App:

Server URL: http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:8080

4. Value for System (CMS name and port) we have mentioned in CMC and BI Launch Pad login:

CMS name and port: abc:6400

5. CMS name we have specified in SAP BO Mobile App:

CMS name: abc

6. No, even for Administrator I am unable to view any of the applications once I login to the SAP BO Mobile App.

When I was referring to <SAP BusinessObjects Installation directory>\Tomcat

\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\classes\internal\zen.properties file, it was nowhere to found. I created a file with the same name and included the line:

- document.supported.devices = ipad, iphone, androidtablet, androidphone

Please suggest where I have to make the changes to get the applications visible with the respective user in SAP BO Mobile App.

Regards,

Santoshpratim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the solution for my problem. The issue I was facing is because of the certificate. Once I imported the certificate from SAP BO system to the respective android device, I am able to view all the documents using SAP BI Mobile App. At the same time, I did took care of the zen.properties file which was initially missing from the respective folder.

Thanks,

Santoshpratim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

A bit of a confusion here. You say you are using client tools for BI platform 4 (4.1 or 4.2 ?), also are you are on XI 3.1?

Regards

Vikas