cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy EAR files in SAP PI 7.11 NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Earlier we do have visual administrator to deploy the EAR files in SAP PI java.

From 7.11 how we can deploy these EAR files ? Searched a lot to find out the way but helpless.

Please provided your valuable inputs in deploying such EAR files ...

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check below sap note for how to deploy EAR files.

1715441 - How to Deploy/Undeploy/Redeploy .SCA/.SDA/.EAR/.WAR files on J2EE servers on Netweaver rel...

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Did you try Host and instance number that you are giving to add SAP AS Java is correct?

Alternately, you can open 'Servers' view > Add Server > Deploy  from there (don't have NWDS now - but with a valid SDM user, it can be done)

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the information provided.

We enabled the firewall for the port 5xx13 for remote host accessing using NWDS. the error screen shot which i mentioned in my previous message solved.

Now i am facing the error as below shown .

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:455)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:303)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:142)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1174)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:162)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:168)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:112)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:86)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createClientConfigurationContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getProxy(InterfaceMetadata.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.SAPServiceDelegate.getPort(SAPServiceDelegate.java:258)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.jaxws.sapcontrol.SAPControl.getSAPControl(SAPControl.java:35)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.init(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1870)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.connect(SAPInstanceImpl.java:129)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.<init>(SAPInstanceImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.SAPInstanceFactory.getInstance(SAPInstanceFactory.java:33)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemManagerImpl.getSAPInstance(SAPSystemManagerImpl.java:106)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.GenericSystemListenerImpl.systemChanged(GenericSystemListenerImpl.java:35)

at com.sap.sapmc.control.notification.SAPSystemsController$EventThread.run(SAPSystemsController.java:201)

Please suggest to overcome the issue

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

sebastianleu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

first of all, the discussion about the parameter service/protectedwebmethods might lead into the wrong direction. Please check the document for further information. To activate the changes of this parameter, you also have to stop the sapstart service (sapstartsrv) which evaluates this parameter. But I am not sure if it will help you in connecting your NWDS to the J2EE.

But coming back to your original problem:

J2EE deployments (like your EAR file) are targeting the P4 port. If you do not know the port number: It is usually the port number for your http access +4 ( 50004 in case the http port is 50000). You can check port number also by showing the open port list in the message server: http://<messageserverhostname>:<messageserver http port>/msgserver/text/logon?version=1.2

I know, for this you need to know the messageserver http port, but this can be found in RZ11 entering the parameter ms/http_port.

If this is not leading to success, it might be useful for this thread to see the port list of the messageserver (scrambled, of course).

Keep fingers crossed...

Sebastian

sebastianleu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

let me add one additional deployment option:

In http://scn.sap.com/thread/3502861 is mentioned in the answer from Manish Kumar a proper step-by-step approach for using telnet. The telnet port needs to be active (check my previous reply the mentioned port list to find out if it is active).

In case, your ear archive is rejected during deployment, it might be necessary to create an SAP ear file (with a SAP_MANIFEST.MF included). See SAP Note 1223957 for a possible workaround. I am not sure, if telnet deployment will lead to that problem, but transporting ear archives via CTS into the J2EE will definitely throw an error (see SAP Note 1833230).

Regards,

Sebastian

sebastianleu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

and here is another fantastic documetation of deployment methods using SUM and Telnet:

SAP Note 2010715

The mentioned XPI Inspector is delivered as an ear file (with a SAP_MANIFEST.MF), this is why the note could also be helpful in your case.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the information provided.

We enabled the firewall for the port 5xx13 for remote host accessing using NWDS. the error screen shot which i mentioned in my previous message solved.

Now i am facing the error as below shown .

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:455)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:303)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:142)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1174)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:162)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:168)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:112)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:86)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createClientConfigurationContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getProxy(InterfaceMetadata.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.SAPServiceDelegate.getPort(SAPServiceDelegate.java:258)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.jaxws.sapcontrol.SAPControl.getSAPControl(SAPControl.java:35)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.init(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1870)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.connect(SAPInstanceImpl.java:129)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.<init>(SAPInstanceImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.SAPInstanceFactory.getInstance(SAPInstanceFactory.java:33)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemManagerImpl.getSAPInstance(SAPSystemManagerImpl.java:106)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.GenericSystemListenerImpl.systemChanged(GenericSystemListenerImpl.java:35)

at com.sap.sapmc.control.notification.SAPSystemsController$EventThread.run(SAPSystemsController.java:201)

Please suggest to overcome the issue

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

sebastianleu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

it seems like you are on the same path as this older thread: Can't add SAP Java AS on NWDS 7.3 | SCN.

From my perspective, Ervin Szolke added very good input. Please check the thread (I know, it is long).

Also, you did not yet mention a lot about your environment (NWDS version, PI SPS Level, etc.).

Perhaps, this would lead to more possibilities.

Did you try alternative deployment methods, as a temporary workaround?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

NWDS version i am using is 7.31 SP17

SAP PI is 7.11 SP12

Now i am getting the below error after enabling the port 5XX13.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

sebastianleu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

besides the Management Console (for identifying the SAP system in your NWDS UI), you also need the http port and the P4 port (5xx00 and 5xx04). In a clustered environment, the http port and host from a web dispatcher or load balancer could be required. This, you need to check with your basis team.

But first give the two additional ports a try.

Regards,
Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the information... will try with that once.

Having one doubt that when we are enabling the ports in firewall for the case NWDS. what would be the source IP and port .

Destination IP & Port will be SAP PI's but what about the source IP that need to enable.

Here NWDS is a tool to access the SAP PI server right

Provide your inputs...

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt reply...

I am using NWDS for to access the AS Java to deploy the files. when i am trying to add the instance i am getting the below error.

Host name and instance number are correct which we are giving. But unable to connect to AS JAVA.

For to connect add the profile parameter services/protectedwebmethods with value as SDEFAULT. But no use.

Is there any other way to deploy the files from NWA itself. earlier we use to have it with visual administrator, now it got replaced with NWA. But dont the path from where need to deploy from NWA

Please suggest

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the perspective SAP Management Console,Try adding the system over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I tried to add the system, but same issue.

For to overcome the "sapstartsv" added the parameter under the profile.

I tested by removing the proxy and with proxy still no use.

Not getting what happens and how i can access the system

Please let me know if i am wrong, i used T code RZ10 to add the parameter SDEFAULT for DEFAULT.PFL

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Issue is not clear..you said your unable to add the SAP Instance in NWDS right?

benedikt_bludau2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I think you mein parameter service/protectedwebmethods and not serviceS/protectedwebmethods, right?

Check the name from the parameter.

It´s right to set this parameter with transaction RZ10. After restarting the system you can check the parameter with transaction RZ11 (current value). Or you can check the current value with the report RSPARAM.

But I don´t know , if this parameter will solve your problem. But your second question was, how to set and check the parameter.

regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Yes unable to add the instance... i mentioned the screen shot in my earlier message.

If any issue in adding the instance in NWDS, is adding the profile parameter to solve the issue. I tried this too but no use.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Deepak,

Try using JSPM then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benedikt,

Its typo mistake. i added the profile parameter as service/protectedwebmethods.

But when i checked the RZ11 there is no parameter which i added. Its showing parameter not known.

Even while saving of this parameter i got the same message.

I restarted the AS Java and ABAP after adding this parameter.

Please suggest why message showing as not known.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

What is the error you are facing when you are trying to add the SAP PI instance?

Regards,
Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the response. I posted it in my earlier message.

Below is the error screen shot while trying to add the instance

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

benedikt_bludau2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked the parameter on an ABAP only system for the name. But on my PI systems, there I can´t find the parameter.

Please check the log in NWA for any login problems, etc.

Then you can check this link:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check SAP notes:1223957 and then deploy it using JSPM in new software component.

Regards,

Tiyasa

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the notes shared by experts,Below link can be used for reference.