cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display catalogs in SAP HANA Business Layer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a question, I'm trying to create a SAP HANA Business Layer in top of a relational connection through Information Design Tool 4.1 SP7,

I can create my connection and I can see my views under the folder _SYS_BIC, when I test my connection it says "Test Successful", but when I try to create a SAP HANA Business Layer and choose my connection and then click Next it says "Cannot display catalogs", I want to know why this happens,

Have some of you experienced the same behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

narendra_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Cause

The New SAP HANA Business Layer wizard to automatically creates a single-source data foundation and business layer based on selected SAP HANA information models.  However, only local connections are visible.  This means that a universe can only be created or published locally.  the information is documented in the Information Design Tool Guide.

Resolution

1. In the local project area create a local connection (.CNX)
  2. Publish the local connection to the repository.
  3. Create the connection shortcut when prompted.
  4. Create the universe using the new Hana Business Layer Wizard and Select the local Connection. (.CNX)
  5. Open the Data Foundation
  6. Change the connection to the shortcut connection .CNS
  7. Save
  8. Right Click on the Business Layer and publish the universe.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra, thank you for your response,

The problem I have is in the step 4, because even I select the local connection or the secured connection I can't see the views and for that I can't create the HANA Business Layer, it's weird because when I create the local connection and I select "Show Values" I can see the values I have in my views in HANA,

I don't if it's something related with the installation of HANA Studio or something like that because the user I use in HANA and the user I have in BO have all the privileges,

Do you have another idea?

Thanks.