cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export table functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to export table functions created through repository package for deploying across landscape as functions are not visible while exporting through Developer Mode. It's not coming through when exporting package through delivery unit as well.

Can someone please assist on this? Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

the Developer Mode export functionality does only export modeled views.

In case you have assigned the package which contains the function to a Delivery Unit, the function is exported when the DU is exported (-> I assume you have created the table function via a design time object (.hdbtablefunction) -> catalog objects are of course not considered here).

Regarding the requirement to deploy your artifact through the landscape (e.g. Dev -> Test/QM -> Prod) you should think about using the native HANA Application Lifecycle Management or a combination of it with CTS+ which uses either complete DUs or so called Change Lists.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Fabian and Florian.

I have created the table function via a design time object and extension of the object is .hdbtablefunction. It's activated and I can execute that function from the SQL console. So no apparent issues with the object. I exported the DU from my DEV and trying to import in TEST but I don't see this function in the list "Object Import Simulation".

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Rajesh

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have ensured that the package containing the function is assigned to the DU?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see that function in the respective content package folder (HANA Modeler) associated to the respective DU. Is there any other way to cross check?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can cross check it in the HANA Lifecycle Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Florian for the hint!

Package wasn't mapped with the DU. I mapped it and now it's showing up when I export/import DU.

Is there anyway we can just export table function through Developer Mode, it's still NOT showing up there?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Developer Mode export just exports modelled views as mentioned. And I think this will also not be enhanced in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see/select .procedure through Developer Mode so thought we can see function as well but for now I am good.

Thanks again for the help and quick replies. Really appreciate it.

Best,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Any idea how to export table functions through Developer Mode?

Regards,

Rajesh